Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(31 Posts)
12Michael Mon 08-Apr-13 07:12:18

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but cloudy here in Brackley spring?
Mick

Bags Mon 08-Apr-13 07:14:44

Same here, Mick. Dry but cloudy. Fast-moving clouds from the south-east.

Bez Mon 08-Apr-13 07:24:53

We have rain this morning so I have taken my pots of geraniums off the table (under a roof) and popped them on the patio for some natural watering.

Butty Mon 08-Apr-13 07:25:04

Good morning Mick. Overcast and drizzly, but the blossom I can see from my study window looks pretty and fresh.

Sook Mon 08-Apr-13 07:37:00

Good morning everyone. Overcast here and the wind has a real bite to it brrr.

Galen Mon 08-Apr-13 07:52:56

Same here

PRINTMISS Mon 08-Apr-13 07:55:06

'Morning all, cloudy here too, and a little bit chilly, we could do with just a light shower, the pots outside are really dry, Daffodils are providing a lovely show of colour on a rather dull morning.

glassortwo Mon 08-Apr-13 08:14:39

Good morning snowing here, but I cant complain the sun shone on Saturday for for the wedding of my DS best friendthey have been friends from infant school, son was Best man,it was glorious and the day went by perfectly.
But I have had to drag myself out of bed this morning, after effects of a busy weeknd, at least the DGC are still on Easter holidays and I dont have the morning rush to deal with yet.

harrigran Mon 08-Apr-13 08:33:30

Grey and miserable here but at least it is not snowing. Have been up since just after 6am. Collected GD yesterday and she is staying with me but could not go to sleep because the CD player was broken and not playing her bedtime music. She eventually fell asleep about 10.30 but was up again at 6am. I am off to the shops to get a new CD player because I don't want a repeat of last night.

shysal Mon 08-Apr-13 08:44:18

After an improvement in the weather here in Oxford, I am off to buy my vegetable seeds today, in the hope that the soil will soon warm up.

dorsetpennt Mon 08-Apr-13 09:24:14

Grey and dank in lovely Dorset today - and I'm feeling grey and dank too. I started what I thought was a cold which has become increasingly worse, now I know it's a nasty chest infection. I feel rotten and very sorry for myself. As a nurse I treat myself as much as possible but maybe should have gone to my GP on Friday. Will do tomorrow unless I make a miraculous recovery. Can't today as I have to wait in ALL DAY [anger] for B and Q to deliver my shed.My DS,DIL and darling babies are coming down to stay in nearby Wareham for a week - so I have to get better.

kittylester Mon 08-Apr-13 09:26:26

Grey, dank and dismal here today. Pretty cold too! [blue]

Thistledoo Mon 08-Apr-13 09:34:58

Snow again, but not too cold. Waiting for a phone call from DIL to give me update on thier norovirus drama. Looked after DGS on Saturday as he was a bit better. Just waiting for symtoms to develop in me and mr Thistledoo !!!!! UGG

Oldgreymare Mon 08-Apr-13 10:01:05

A milky sky here, Mick.
Just the day for cleaning bathrooms hmm

Gorki Mon 08-Apr-13 10:16:22

Hope you feel better soon dorsetpennt

annodomini Mon 08-Apr-13 11:01:26

The sun is breaking through high cloud, so not unpromising. hmm

AlieOxon Mon 08-Apr-13 11:09:39

Hello and good morning everyone. No sun here yet!
I'm feeling sorry for myself with a sore knee and probably a groin strain.....will rest today as I did yesterday, but I hate resting, it's boring.
But it gives me an excuse to postpone (not cancel) my dentist's appt tomorrow!

Oh dear.I know what I did, I rushed around with my daughter to help my grandson, who is not practical, with some plastic double glazing for his windows - rushed as he lives near the centre of Oxford and the parking there is extortionate.

I am NOT cancelling my singing group (U3A) on Wed. I will get there somehow.

soop Mon 08-Apr-13 11:09:46

Good morning to you all. The sky is a delicate milky blue, streaked with whispy cloud. The islands appear as if painted in softest watercolours. The breeze is chilly. The sun is shining.

Get well soon, dear Dorset smile

annodomini Mon 08-Apr-13 11:43:38

Those of you who have known me long enough may remember the time the window cleaner arrived at my bedroom window when I was clad only in a bath towel. It has very nearly happened again, but this time I heard the sound of a ladder going up against the gable end. Threw on a jumper and joggers and sailed downstairs looking surprised to see him.

annodomini Mon 08-Apr-13 11:46:26

Alie, do take better care of yourself! Resting needn't be boring - not if you have a good book.

soop Mon 08-Apr-13 12:03:11

anno Surely you could have slid down the bannister...grin

whenim64 Mon 08-Apr-13 12:13:10

anno yes, I remember! grin It coincided with me dashing behind my glass door half naked, when the mechanic came unexpectedly early to collect my car for its service. Best we don't say too much - we were collectively admonished by GNHQ for not wearing our clothes grin

AlieOxon Mon 08-Apr-13 12:37:20

I keep a light dressing gown right by the front door for emergencies......

I feel better after comfort food, banana and jam sandwich.
Resting is frustrating, though. I will probably get to the library, my daughter has just been telling me to do just that. I have to go out anyway to post a letter, not that that's urgent but I want the answer.

Just imagining anno sliding down the banister............

soop Mon 08-Apr-13 12:44:53

Alie Do as you're told. You know it makes sense. smile

annodomini Mon 08-Apr-13 12:57:14

Thanks very much, Alie hmm. Soop, I have no banister, the stair goes up between two walls, on one of which there is a rail to hang onto.

Speaking of banana and jam sandwiches... but no! I've just joined the weight-loss forum. [halo emoticon]