Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(33 Posts)
12Michael Wed 15-May-13 07:34:31

Good Morning Everyone,
Wet and windy here in Brackley,managed to get some Jersey Royals yesterday whilst in Bicester at M & S .
Mick

glassortwo Wed 15-May-13 07:48:24

Good morning Mick, very very wet here in the North East, at least the garden is getting a good watering. sunshine sunshine sunshine

PRINTMISS Wed 15-May-13 07:52:34

Morning all, horrible morning here too, there was one patch of blue sky which has now disappeared for the rest of the day, do doubt. Roll on summer!

Grannyeggs Wed 15-May-13 08:00:55

Morning. Windy and cold here inLondon, but rain free at the moment. Ashamed to say I have the heating on.

Thistledoo Wed 15-May-13 08:45:56

Good morning all, cloudy and cold here in Inverness-shire, snow on the hills, counting the days until my holiday in sunny Portugal a week on Satuday. Maybe summer will have arrived on our return. Sounds as though the whole country is suffering from lack of sun. Who can we blame!!

Bez Wed 15-May-13 08:51:26

Good morning everyone - am afraid to say it but at the moment the sun is shining through. Yesterday we had torrential rain for most of the day and houses at the other end of the road are flooded - the field at the top of the woods behind us is saturated and the trench dug a few years ago is full and broke the banks. So far we are dry indoors.
Hope lots of you see the sun - for a while anyway. sunshine

soop Wed 15-May-13 14:27:14

Good afternoon...and so it is. Bright, blustery beautiful Kintyre. Yippeee...the laptop glitch has, we believe, been fixed. It's so good to be back online. grin

glassortwo Wed 15-May-13 14:29:14

Good to see you soop hope MR S and Rory are behaving. smile

Butty Wed 15-May-13 14:30:17

grin

Grannyeggs Wed 15-May-13 14:33:12

Lovely to have you back soop

MiceElf Wed 15-May-13 14:43:31

How's Puss?

grannyactivist Wed 15-May-13 14:44:44

After yesterday's snow blast Devon has sunshine again today.

grannyactivist Wed 15-May-13 14:45:14

Well, my bit of it does anyway. grin

soop Wed 15-May-13 15:28:23

glass Butty Grannyeggs and ga I'm chuffed to be back. Thanks to Bags for good advice.

Rory had an awful day yesterday. I was very concerned and called the vet. A gent answered the phone. I launched in with..."Rory, the feral cat that you neutered recently, is poorly. He had a large meal and then proceeded to be sick and..." After a wee pause, the gent said, "this is the library..." blush I redialled and spoke to the vet. She said that he eats too much, too quickly and needs to be have his "food on demand" rationed. He's not impressed. In fact, he is sitting with his back to me and is in an awful huff. hmm

Grannyeggs Wed 15-May-13 15:48:23

Poor Rory sad

numberplease Wed 15-May-13 15:49:11

Soop, are you sure that the food you`re giving him isn`t too rich? Years ago, my friend wouldn`t give her dog ordinary dogfood, she bought the meat fresh and cooked it for him, and he started to have very bad tummy upsets. The vet said that he ought to have properly designated dogfood instead, and things improved after that.

Mia has fish from the chippy once a week, without the batter, and she gets the odd bit of chicken, but her main diet is Sheba pouches, she wolfs them down.

numberplease Wed 15-May-13 15:50:18

Sorry, meant to start off with the fact that it`s very cool, windy, and occasionally wet here today.

soop Wed 15-May-13 16:10:29

number...Rory was beginning to prefer chicken and tuna to tinned cat food. I wonder why! He's to have his favourites as occasional treats...and, he's to have smaller portions. Makes sense. After all, for about ten years, he had been living in the wild, used to catching his own food, and walking mile upon mile in search of female company. His life, since moving in, has changed beyond recognition.

MiceElf Wed 15-May-13 16:18:04

He's certainly learned how to twist his mum round his paws!

Nelliemoser Wed 15-May-13 16:39:45

I can see the point. I suspect a good tinned cat food probably has a more complete balance of nutrients than tuna or chicken. He will just have to get used to a bit of tough love! Bless him.
There is nothing like a cat in a huff! They really show their feelings just by showing you a haughty back.

soop Wed 15-May-13 16:47:43

MiceElf...there was a time when Mr soop stressed in no uncertain terms...that cat is wild. He stays outdoors. He can look after himself. The cat had other ideas. At first he made a fuss of walking around the garden with Mr soop. He gradually won him over. Now, Rory, according to Mr soop, is "our priority". wink

Nellie...a cat's huff, is difficult to match. grin

nightowl Wed 15-May-13 17:20:03

I'm not convinced that commercial pet food is as good as it's made out to be. There is a lot of rubbish in there packaged to make big profits for big firms. There are a lot of vets who now support raw foods for dogs and cats, which is after all a more natural diet.

All the same, I do wish Rory well soop, and whatever he's been having has clearly not agreed with him! He's had a rough time of it poor boy but he's certainly found his perfect home with you and mrsoop

sunshine

MiceElf Wed 15-May-13 17:26:31

He's clearly a most superior cat. Imagine being able to turn around a man with such decided ideas. Genius puss. I hope he gets his optimum diet sorted soon, quite apart from the discomfort of feeling poorly he will be just a little upset at being observed to be in an undignified state. Please give him a special stroke from me. But no mice catching please.

Movedalot Wed 15-May-13 17:32:11

You are right nightowl I used to work for one of the biggest petfood manufacturers and their cheapest is just as good as the most expensive nutritionally. They make a big thing out of 'premium' brands but it is about profit and nothing else. You would probably be surprised to know that there are only 2 major petfood manufacturers in the UK and they make nearly all the brands you see on the shelves. There are a few much smaller companies and some of them actually process for the bigger ones!

nightowl Wed 15-May-13 17:40:02

That's interesting Movedalot and what I have long suspected. I'm trying to convince my cat to move to a raw food diet but he is not convinced! Ten years of junk food have ruined his taste buds grin

I'm sure Rory must have had a raw food diet for most of his life soop. My favourite vet would say he had had the perfect diet!