Gransnet forums

Chat

Men as passengers

(28 Posts)
JessM Thu 27-Jun-13 15:22:19

Bear in mind I have been driving around the roundabouts of MK for over 15 years without incident. Well I think I got beeped at just the once.
DH is a nervous/queasy passenger so I normally let him drive.
He has hayfever so I said I'd drive across the city today.
Going round the 13th roundabout (or thereabouts) and he suddenly says "There's somebody on your inside!!!" - a tad distracting as I am sure you will agree.
I carried on in my lane... as there did not seem to be someone on my inside.
Turns out he meant my outside. As in the inside of the roundabout. So in case you were not aware, as I was not, dear reader, inside means outside if you are on a roundabout.
Got that.

annodomini Fri 28-Jun-13 09:48:04

When my ex was driving I always had my foot on an imaginary brake and it's the same with DS2 who inherits too many of his father's driving faults! So with them I have been far from an ideal passenger.

MrsSB Fri 28-Jun-13 13:11:41

Ginny I understand exactly how you feel. I really don't enjoy driving my OH. He doesn't say anything but I know what he's thinking, even though he denies it, lol. Do you think we might be just a tiny bit paranoud, haha?

When I drive anyone else I'm fine. It's just the perceived (and silent) criticism that I feel when I drive with my OH in the car.