Gransnet forums

Chat

Banter Bar 2

(1001 Posts)
Pete Mon 08-Jul-13 22:17:30

Well......what else could you call it? Staff still required.......must be able to work long hours and heat up glam's sausage rolls.......pay is weekly with a bonus on Saturday night.....grin

Ella46 Mon 08-Jul-13 23:23:57

moon Night Nonu

moon Ana I'll leave you to sort Pete out, looks like he might be trouble tonight!

Pete Mon 08-Jul-13 23:36:21

Headache???....if you're going to be a 'part-timer' Nonu.....please bring a Doctor's note....otherwise.....get it down you girl!!! grin

Pete Mon 08-Jul-13 23:39:52

Not even the 'Witching Hour'...unless that's where they've all gone to?? shock

Pete Mon 08-Jul-13 23:50:03

I'll be in the cellar.....changing the barrels and cleaning the pumps.........I've never stopped today......... wink

Pete Tue 09-Jul-13 00:29:30

....just found a pair of Lil's leggings and a pair of Nellie's knickers in the cellar.......grin
No wonder the beer tasted so good.... grin

glammanana Tue 09-Jul-13 07:53:12

How come the last of the sausage rolls have gone ? hmm I made enough for a few days or did you have a party to celebrate re-branding ? so here I am before 8am with my head stuck in the oven doing the baking,lets see if we can make a profit on this lot Pete you are very free & easy with the give aways lately.grin The beer sounds good boss you could sell it as double fermented with a special twist.

Ella46 Tue 09-Jul-13 09:09:43

glamma You're a star! I don't know how we managed before you started to look after the grub smile

I notice another barrel is empty since last night, and quite a few bottles in the bin..................................Pete's idea of cleaning the pumps!

Ah well,....................he's not a bad old stick really if you don't mind the roaming hands no sign of Ana so she mustn't have any complaints wink

Morning all sunshine

Pete Tue 09-Jul-13 09:10:47

Well done Glam.....can you do a few 'pasties' along with the sausage rolls?
The beer is very good! in fact I'll be keeping it as my own supply smile

Any chance of a bacon butty.....and an asprin.....hmm

Pete Tue 09-Jul-13 09:11:57

Morning Ella smile

Ana Tue 09-Jul-13 10:45:20

Goodness, is that the time? shock Must have dropped off in the snug...

Yes, a bacon butty would go down very well, glamma, if you don't mind - and a paracetemol as aspirin doesn't work on me...

Ella46 Tue 09-Jul-13 13:34:39

Ana, you look pretty good for someone who slept in the snug all night wink

blouse buttoned up wrongly and laddered tights! grin

Ana Tue 09-Jul-13 13:41:43

Was hoping no one would notice....blush
Scuse me while I totter to the ladies to do some running repairs....

glammanana Tue 09-Jul-13 13:42:29

Blimey no rest for the wicked,I've done bacon & sausage doorstep butties,brown sauce is on the table please put the lid back on,can't be doing with dried up sauce lid's.Sorry Pete me & pasties don't work out so well I have a problem keeping the filling in,I can't be brilliant at everything can I ?
I'll have a nice shandy while I'm here made with some of your Best bitter please if you don't mind. grin

Goose Tue 09-Jul-13 19:01:01

Good evening Pete. Nice decor in here - better than the last joint.
I'll have a small glass of lemonade and will quietly go and sit in the corner..I know my place

Nonu Tue 09-Jul-13 19:31:49

Good evening Goose, as no-one else seems to be about .

Did you have a good day ? I did , I went to my health club this afternoon and swam lots of laps, it was nice .

I will go now as I have a few chores , have a good one . Say Hi to anyone who stops by .

smile

Galen Tue 09-Jul-13 19:38:32

I'm here but too exhausted to talk!
Pint of vodka with ice please!

Goose Tue 09-Jul-13 19:51:49

What's happened to all the cornersshock? there used to be lots of little nooks and crannies to hide in, so why is it there's just this huge great lumbering wall to wall bar thingconfused

Goose Tue 09-Jul-13 19:53:58

Nonu and Galen - sorry didn't see you there - too gob smacked looking at all the art decor stuff - I bet he's upped the prices of the free beers too

Pete Tue 09-Jul-13 21:28:00

National No Bra Day....today.....just sayin,,grin

Galen Tue 09-Jul-13 22:11:07

No wonder you're drooping pete!

Galen Tue 09-Jul-13 22:11:30

tennistennis

Galen Tue 09-Jul-13 22:11:50

Oh! And a carrot!

Pete Tue 09-Jul-13 22:13:06

The mind boggles.... grin

glammanana Tue 09-Jul-13 22:31:46

Just popped in for a swift Brandy and coke please bar-person (who ever it is to-night) and loads of ice please thats if the ice machine has not packed in again with the couple of hot days we have had!!
I'm in a rush so will be in and out I've a big buffet to-morrow night (not in Liverpool I might add ) and need all my wits about me so no bad head in the morning for me grin I'm on the look out for two waitress's must be quick and nimble on the feet and promise not to eat all the profits grin I pay good money for the right people but do not pick up their bar bill at the end of the night.wink

Ana Tue 09-Jul-13 22:41:02

Oh...that counts me'n'Ella out then! grin

(Although I must admit Ella is quite nimble...wink)

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion