Gransnet forums

Chat

Employing idiots?

(67 Posts)
Movedalot Wed 14-Aug-13 13:31:38

Just listening to the latest unemployment figures and wondering why there are still so many stupid people in work!

Yesterday I asked for a holiday quote "asap after 10th October".

Email response this morning quoting flying on 9th October.

I responded that I had asked to go after 10th

Travel agent replied that the flight operator said their was no flight on 10, it was on 9th.

I reminded her that I had said any time after 10th

She said but the flight is on 9th

I said I can't go until after 10th

She asked if I would be prepared to go the following week.

Is it only me who has to deal with such people? I seem to get so many of them! How hard it is not to say something unpleasant in response!

Ana Thu 15-Aug-13 17:52:43

I don't think that theory really holds where bras are concerned, Movedalot...grin

Movedalot Thu 15-Aug-13 17:58:50

Ana do you mean men helping or the M & S system? It has been the same in all the M & Ss I have looked in.

Ana Thu 15-Aug-13 18:00:20

I meant about the smaller sizes being for smaller women...confused

Ana Thu 15-Aug-13 18:00:44

(or 'shorter' women)

Eloethan Thu 15-Aug-13 23:05:34

I think saying "When are you going to learn how to speak English?" is unnecessarily confrontational. I expect even the most educated people make mistakes in pronunciation or grammar occasionally and no good is served by deliberately humiliating someone.

Galen Thu 15-Aug-13 23:39:06

The spelling I see on appeal forms is challenging in the extreme! The latest one I had difficulty with was

Sver hand gyra?

Galen Thu 15-Aug-13 23:39:30

Galen Thu 15-Aug-13 23:39:43

Galen Thu 15-Aug-13 23:40:02

Want the translation?

Galen Thu 15-Aug-13 23:47:15

Severe angina!

Movedalot Fri 16-Aug-13 09:48:17

Ana can only speak from my own 'vertically challenged' experience grin

Movedalot Fri 16-Aug-13 15:14:11

Just been for an MRI scan and the double sided sheet of A4 giving directions didn't include the address or the post code! Suggested to the Receptionist that it might be a good idea to include them, which she agreed, and also that it might be a good idea to include the post code of the hospital car park which the directions said to use as the MRI centre didn't have patient parking. She said they couldn't do that as it was not their car park. On the way out she gave us the code to exit the car park! sad

Same place - instructions on how to wash your hands, 6 steps but it did not include the use of soap or water.

Dara Fri 16-Aug-13 15:38:03

Somone in our office spends all her time texting and not getting the work done. Gets on my nerves!

feetlebaum Fri 16-Aug-13 15:47:04

Surely Post Codes are public - no reason to withhold someone else's code!

Greatnan Fri 16-Aug-13 15:52:38

Dara - she needs reporting to her line manager, as it is not fair on either her employer or her colleagues

I am currently being bombarded with phone calls because the website for the local campsite gives my phone number. I have visited the site and pleaded with them to change the number - I am being inconvenienced and they are losing customers. I am amazed at how many people ring my number again, after I have explained that I am NOT the campsite, and have no number for it. They seem to think that ringing twice will miraculously make my number into the number for the campsite. I am afraid I am less courteous on the second call.

whatsgoingon Fri 16-Aug-13 16:36:08

BT !!!
I changed addresses a while ago and I informed BT of the change of address.
Here is the long story cut short
Engineers did not turn up at new address as arranged so I need to call them, they would not let me know why they had not arrived because the password I gave them so that they could access my account did not match what they had.
They came up with the bright idea of sending me a new password via email...... they sent the password in the post... to my old address ( thank goodness for redirected mail ) and upon opening the letter was my past word... my old password ... the one I gave them but they would not accept. Aggghhhh confused