Gransnet forums

Chat

Tributes for Carol

(182 Posts)
CariGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 06-Nov-13 12:38:56

Everyone at Gransnet is absolutely devastated by the news about Carol. She was a unique and inspiring member of our community and her wisdom, wit and tales of adventure will be missed more than we can say. Our hearts go out to her family - who she loved with such pride and passion.

As you know, they have asked that people don't contact them directly but instead leave tributes on the facebook page.

For those who are not on facebook (or who would prefer to add their feelings here), please do so here - we will post a link to this page on facebook so that your tributes will be seen by her family.

Icyalittle Wed 06-Nov-13 12:42:05

Really so sorry - I hope the outpouring of active support received here and from Mumsnet will eventually be some kind of comfort for Carol's family and many friends.

granmouse Wed 06-Nov-13 12:45:19

So sad to hear the news Carol was an inspiration to all of us. RIP Carol may your spirit go free.

soop Wed 06-Nov-13 12:45:20

Carol was a lady with a huge appetite for life. Her energy seemed boundless. She loved her family. She loved her friends. She loved her home and the amazing scenery which she shared with us on Facebook. She made me laugh. And now, she's at peace.

flump Wed 06-Nov-13 12:56:14

So sad to read this news. My condolences to Carol's family.

Ana Wed 06-Nov-13 12:59:02

I haven’t posted recently, but have been checking in several times a day for updates. I suppose I thought Greatnan/Carol was invincible and would survive whatever had befallen her, and I’m so sorry that was not the case.

My thoughts are with her family and all those good friends who worked so tirelessly to help find her.

Charleygirl Wed 06-Nov-13 13:01:40

A very sad day for her family and those who knew her. May she rest in peace.

nonnasusie Wed 06-Nov-13 13:02:22

Sad news indeed. Sincere condolences to all Carol's family.

Aka Wed 06-Nov-13 13:03:21

My thoughts are with her family and friends on this sad day.

Grannyknot Wed 06-Nov-13 13:05:49

A bright light extinguished, a strong voice stilled. May the sunshine warm her final resting place. Condolences to the family.

Mamie Wed 06-Nov-13 13:07:16

I have "known" Carol Sheridan on various forums for almost ten years and have enjoyed the cut and thrust of debate and argument with her on many, many topics. I have followed her journey from the Pyrenees, to Yorkshire and then to the Alps with admiration for her courage and adaptability. Carol was a free and independent spirit, feisty, always lively, occasionally prickly, but always true to herself and her passionately-held beliefs.
Above all she cared deeply for all her family and her love for them shone through everything she said and did.
She will be sorely missed.

GeraldineB Wed 06-Nov-13 13:10:37

This is very upsetting news. Like everyone else, I was hoping Greatnan would somehow turn up and be all right. She was such a fierce and characterful person and she often felt like part of the backbone of Gransnet. Have posted on the facebook page but I just wanted to say here too how much I know she will be missed,

GeraldineGransnet as was.

Joan Wed 06-Nov-13 13:12:48

Carol was my online friend: we thought the same about so many things, discussed so much, though I was nowhere near as brave as she was.

I was so sure she would survive this, and now I'm so very sorry; sorry for Carol, for her wonderful family, and for her many friends, both personal and online.

Goodbye my friend; the world is a sadder place without you.

Eloethan Wed 06-Nov-13 13:17:20

So sorry to hear the news about Carol. I'll miss her positive approach to life, her humour and her insightful comments.

My condolences to Carol's family - who we all know meant the world to her - at this very sad time.

Jendurham Wed 06-Nov-13 13:23:07

So sorry to hear this. She inspired and helped me. We thought the same about lots of things.
A song I play for my husband, I will now play for Carol as well.
"I know you're out there somewhere."

grannyactivist Wed 06-Nov-13 13:23:33

My condolences to Carol's family who were undoubtedly the centre of her life. She was an extraordinary woman and died doing something she loved. I will miss her.

merlotgran Wed 06-Nov-13 13:38:29

Carol's energy and enthusiasm for doing the things she loved shone out in her posts as did her love for her family. She will now join the ranks of those whose passion for adventure remained undimmed till the end.

RIP Carol.

newist Wed 06-Nov-13 13:38:41

My heart felt sympathy to Carol's family and friends. May she rest in Peace

tanith Wed 06-Nov-13 13:39:52

My condolences to Carols family and friends such sad news.

MaggieP Wed 06-Nov-13 13:40:28

The very sad news that we all were dreading, what tragedy and my heartfelt thoughts and condolences go to all Carol's loved ones and friends.

Galen Wed 06-Nov-13 13:45:02

She was one hell of a woman! We will not see her like again.
Condolences to all her family and friends.

Bellasnana Wed 06-Nov-13 13:50:07

Heartfelt sympathy to all her family and friends on such a tragic loss.

nannypc Wed 06-Nov-13 13:50:46

My heartfelt condolences to all her wonderful family and friends, such sad news.

inthefields Wed 06-Nov-13 13:53:18

Such a sad day. Thoughts are with Carols family.

Carol was a remarkable, feisty, and strong woman who was an inspiration to us all. Most of all, she held love as her core.

Sleep well.

JessM Wed 06-Nov-13 13:55:10

She was formidable, brave and forthright. Obviously gave a lot to others, including working in special education and running a school.
If any of us ever ask ourselves "am I too old?" or "do I dare" we should think of the intrepid Carol who fearlessly climbed steep mountains and snorkelled in warm seas.