Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(33 Posts)
12Michael Tue 17-Dec-13 07:23:07

Good Morning Everyone,
Still dark ere no wind at present, busy day today plan trip to Oxford on buses, then a bus to Banbury for a visual fields test at the Hosptital, whilst I will have around 2 hours inn Oxford, meal wise willl go to the Noodle Nation in Gloucester Green for a curry.
Mick

thatbags Tue 17-Dec-13 07:35:40

Countdown to the shortest day: four. Still dark here.

Granny23 Tue 17-Dec-13 07:56:51

Clear sky here so brightening early today.

LizG Tue 17-Dec-13 08:05:06

Good morning everyone. Dark and dismal here but better weather (today) is forecast tchsmile

AlieOxon Tue 17-Dec-13 08:34:48

Mornin. Darkish here, but clearing and may stay dry.
Grumping, as I have just had to let them know I won't be coming to the Xmas do for U3A and singing......too much coughing when I try talking...
Will try and get to talk to doctor.

Roll on shortest day. Need some light!

Lona Tue 17-Dec-13 08:38:38

Good morning smile I'm up a bit late because I had a really good nights sleep!
I feel as though I can get lots done today now!

Hope Alie is feeling better today sunshine

Charleygirl Tue 17-Dec-13 08:38:55

It is still dark here in NW London but dry and not too cold. I am waiting for the plumber to ring me because my showerhead has a permanent drip and I am wasting water.

Brendawymms Tue 17-Dec-13 08:46:58

Wet in East Sussex but improving. I have promised myself the job of wrapping Xmas presents. Not a skill I have aquired. Any tips on how to make the parcels at least neat? tchgrin

glassortwo Tue 17-Dec-13 09:05:35

The sun is shining here in the North East. sunshine
I am having a lazy morning DD and SIL have taken the DGC to school, but I still had to get up to get them ready while they lay in bed...lets not go there,chill its Chrsitmas, might have another cup of tea.

NfkDumpling Tue 17-Dec-13 09:06:20

Bright and very breezy here today. DH is off for his 'works' do where he volunteers. He cooked some really delicious tartlets yesterday to take - and, bless him made extra for meee! They are lovely - pastry made with butter and all that.

Granniepam Tue 17-Dec-13 09:16:24

Sun's out, again. And the man with a van from a large supermarket chain is due with 24 bottles of wine. wine, wine, wine! Hic.

annodomini Tue 17-Dec-13 09:43:58

Clear and cold in Cheshire. I have just been out to bring the bin back in and had to warm up when I came in! A change from the last few mild days.

Nonu Tue 17-Dec-13 09:53:36

Good morning . Very dank here !

KatyK Tue 17-Dec-13 09:56:38

Beautiful day in Brum sunshine

kittylester Tue 17-Dec-13 10:10:47

Beautiful but cold in the East Midlands sunshine

Just doing a bit of admin stuff before I take DS1 to the physio dept in Sheffield for them to check his FES. It always happens in the week before Christmas and DS is not keen on changing his appointment without a good reason. Christmas busyness doesn't count! At least it's not snowing which is what usually happens. tchgrin

Granniepam Tue 17-Dec-13 10:56:45

2 different men with vans have been - can't move in the hall for bottles of wine and boxes of choccies..... DH says they're family treats - to be saved for the 25th. He's going out tomorrow hmm.......

harrigran Tue 17-Dec-13 10:57:26

Good morning from a sunny north east. Going to see GD2 in her pre-school play this afternoon, it will take me longer to get there than the play lasts but I would walk barefoot to see it. Last week she was singing and dancing round the kitchen and I told her she was a star " actually I am an angel Grandma" obviously she is an angel in the play tchgrin

glassortwo Tue 17-Dec-13 11:00:00

harri tchgrin

Elegran Tue 17-Dec-13 11:15:44

Brenda If you only buy presents that come in boxes it is easier to wrap them.

Charleygirl Tue 17-Dec-13 11:16:27

Granniepam you obviously cannot cope with all of those bottles of wine- your husband would not notice us sampling at least one bottle? If we finished one, we would know that the remaining 23 were fit for family and friends consumption. Could I stay overnight please as I would not be fit to drive home.

kittylester Tue 17-Dec-13 11:17:05

Harri I did a round trip of 40 miles to see DGD1 say 4 lines in her 'drama' group christmas production. The man and two women in front used their cameras to record their little cherubs (who obviously weren't as good as my DGD) but it was worth it to here her shout (from the stage) 'Here I am, Ma' and wave so enthusiastically that she nearly missed her cue. tchgrin

Granniepam Tue 17-Dec-13 11:22:45

Red or white Charleygirl? French or New World?

Charleygirl Tue 17-Dec-13 12:12:01

I really do not mind but I do like a very dry white. Is that to your taste?

Galen Tue 17-Dec-13 12:28:07

My 93 year old aunt was given an iPad earlier this year. Never having used a computer in her life, she has mastered it!
Not only that, but last night she face timed me! I hadn't got round to mastering that yet!

Charleygirl Tue 17-Dec-13 12:50:11

Galen that is marvellous. Your aunt is one up on me, I do not possess an iPad.