Gransnet forums

Chat

I am absolutely disgusted...

(78 Posts)
jinglbellsfrocks Wed 29-Jan-14 09:41:49

...that a very sensible thread discussing household chores has considerably less contributions than a thread discussing fit blokes on the telly!!! shock hmm

Is this indicative of the present generation of the slightly past their best more mature Flower of British Womanhood?! shock hmm again!

Elegran Wed 29-Jan-14 09:44:41

Here's a wine to gorgeous young blokes on the telly.

Signed, Flower of British Womanhood.

Elegran Wed 29-Jan-14 09:45:47

And another wine to gorgeous older blokes on the telly.

AlieOxon Wed 29-Jan-14 09:46:36

But not too many discussing bloke fitness?

Agus Wed 29-Jan-14 09:50:46

Fit blokes on the telly V household chores!!!! - No contest! grin

Aka Wed 29-Jan-14 10:00:48

YES

granjura Wed 29-Jan-14 10:12:02

Remind me, are you from Tonbridge or Tunbridge smile

glassortwo Wed 29-Jan-14 10:12:54

What I need is one of those fit blokes off the telly in his apron... to come and do my household jobs grin

Off with DH for a natter in the car as he needs to be in York for a meeting so I going along for the ride.

Will have to think of those fit blokes later.

AlieOxon Wed 29-Jan-14 10:17:06

I'd rather hoover than watch them showing off their bods.

newist Wed 29-Jan-14 10:17:25

Talking of Fit Blokes in aprons, My DD hired 2 fit Blokes in aprons for her hen party grin

Elegran Wed 29-Jan-14 10:19:33

Oh, the ones who show off their bods are usually digusting and over-muscled. Give me one who ignores his bod and just gets on with life.

Elegran Wed 29-Jan-14 10:22:23

Newist You have reminded me, before Christmas we were talking about those leather aprons with pockets that workmen wear to keep their tools to hand (steady on ladies, that was not a euphemism) Did anyone actually buy one for their OH?

dorsetpennt Wed 29-Jan-14 11:01:53

I'd much rather discuss fit men then boring household chores. I may be past it but I'm not dead .

Gorki Wed 29-Jan-14 11:09:34

grin

Brendawymms Wed 29-Jan-14 11:14:51

Where can I find a fit virile young man please grin

janerowena Wed 29-Jan-14 11:16:36

I agree, a compromise glassortwo.

Fit males wearing leather aprons doing the housework.

DBH bought me one for gardening this xmas. He's fit, I shall make him model it for me. grin No chance of getting him to do any housework though.

newist Wed 29-Jan-14 11:17:40

Elegran They didn't keep "Their Tools" in the pocket of the apron, all they wore was the apron, I only looked at them from a safe distance via Skype grin

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 29-Jan-14 11:19:38

Now you're talking Brendawymms! Lascivious smile

Mamie Wed 29-Jan-14 11:21:39

Twas me looking for the leather pinny, but there were none to be had in Tunbridge Wells. sad I bought him a furry hat with flaps for our trip to Turin on Friday (looks like he will need it).

annodomini Wed 29-Jan-14 11:26:53

I'd rather discuss anything other than household chores! Fit young men or even fit older men...think Captain Pickard. [swoon emoticon]

Nelliemoser Wed 29-Jan-14 11:33:29

Indeed! and so it should be. A fit bloke of any age will do.
As long as they are good communicators, don't hoard junk, don't only think about themselves, talk about themselves all the time, talk endlessly about nothing much at all all the time, leave dirty washing about, leave the
seat up, comment on your driving all the time, have no sense of humour.

Oh dear I give up!
The good ones are all taken, most of the rest have probably already been used and discarded as unsuitable for purpose.

I must be feeling a little cynical and a bit fussy today. confused

AlieOxon Wed 29-Jan-14 11:34:18

I might go and see him. I'm getting out of here!

rosesarered Wed 29-Jan-14 11:40:54

One person's idea of 'fit' may not be anothers, however there are a few things that men should know that we [or most of us] do not like........
long hair,
comb overs
long nails
dirty nails
nose/ear hair [ugh!]
extreme fatness
extreme thinness
ear rings tattoos [not for me anyway]
I'm sure there are other things but those are a no-no.
What do you think?

janerowena Wed 29-Jan-14 11:41:53

My leather pinny came from a xmas fair, mamie. As advertised on gransnet local. grin. I can keep my secateurs in the pocket safely now. I grew up in Tun Wells, there used to be a leather shop in Camden Road, it's probably gone by now.

Elegran Wed 29-Jan-14 11:43:26

Lots of them online. Fit men and leather aprtons as well.