Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(22 Posts)
12Michael Sat 15-Feb-14 06:32:12

Good Morning Everyone,
Its wet windy and horrible outside in Brackley, will try to venture out later.
Mick

Brendawymms Sat 15-Feb-14 07:17:41

What a night in East Sussex. The wind was screaming round the house all night. It's still raining hard here.

NanKate Sat 15-Feb-14 07:28:18

Hello everyone.

It may be flooded in the Thames Valley but in my part of the world we were spared the gales they had on the south coast.

kittylester Sat 15-Feb-14 07:31:44

Good morning!

It is wet and grey here in North Leicestershire but thankfully the wind has abated!

Enjoy your days!

Lona Sat 15-Feb-14 07:47:17

Morning all. Still wet and windy here. More dreadful stories and pictures on the news sad

Can't raise much of a smile today, wondering how all those people are coping.

LizG Sat 15-Feb-14 08:06:31

Morning all. It's dry and fractionally quieter out there. Fingers crossed for a better day.

PRINTMISS Sat 15-Feb-14 08:24:43

Good morning everyone, apart from the strong wind, we have a lovely morning, the sun is shining and there are just few clouds in the sky. Gale force winds all night, so not a lot of sleep, but luckier than same to have a warm bed and a roof over our heads. Have a safe day everyone.

Iam64 Sat 15-Feb-14 09:00:07

More rain here in the north west. Will it ever stop. On a brighter note, we aren't flooded like so many in the south west and other areas. It is miserable though, grey, wet, windy and the sort of day that makes snuggling on the sofa with a good book more attractive than taking the dogs out. Not to the dogs of course, they want to go out, get wet and muddy, then snuggle up on the sofa.

sherish Sat 15-Feb-14 09:07:41

Good morning. Rainy here in Manchester but I feel so sorry for those of you that are experiencing floods and high winds. We've been very lucky.

Bellasnana Sat 15-Feb-14 09:23:01

Good morning everyone. Shocking scenes on the news - what has happened to the weather?
Here in Malta it is a lovely sunny day. Am just going to meet a friend for coffee and later will go shopping with DD3. Hope you all have a good daysunshine

berdie Sat 15-Feb-14 09:35:21

Morning all, wet and windy here in Bradford, looks like it is here to stay all day. Never mind, at least we don't have the problems of those poor souls down the Southwest. Thinking of you all sad

ninathenana Sat 15-Feb-14 09:59:03

Morning all.
Screaming winds all night on N Kent coast, with rain on and off. It's now sunny but still very windy.
I'm just going to ring my friend in Gosport. Apparently there were hurricane force gusts in the Solent last night.
Thinking of all those who have suffered due to the weather.

whitewave Sat 15-Feb-14 10:03:38

Sunny here in East Sussex with showers - just hoping that the weather in New York and East Coast doesn't have a detrimental effect on our weather and make more storms. Fingers crossed.

Kiora Sat 15-Feb-14 10:21:54

Morning all. Still howling wind here in kent. It's trying to rain but I think the winds are pushing it further away. No damage here. Hope it's the same for all of you. It's soul destroying when will it end. It must be never ending misery for those in the worst hit areas. On a happy note my two most wonderful boys are staying with me without their parents till Monday. My house and heart will be filled with love. The cost of which is watching the Lego movie, swimming,probably some fast food it's worth it . Oh how I love them, such joy. Happy happy mesmile

KatyK Sat 15-Feb-14 10:34:31

Good morning. Lovely and sunny in Brum but the wind is still howling, although not as bad as last night.

Dragonfly1 Sat 15-Feb-14 11:07:44

Batten down your hatches, KatyK - torrential rain here just now, west of you - looks to be heading your way.

Maniac Sat 15-Feb-14 11:23:37

Didn't sleep much last night due to gales and rain.
Went to make morning cuppa and found two large panels from adjoining neighbour's fence and two wheely bins in middle of my garden.
Damp patch in corner of bedroom near chimney.
But it's so much worse in many parts of Somerset.

Mishap Sat 15-Feb-14 11:25:48

We have survived the night without the water coming in! And even our rickety shed has survived the gales. Phew!!

boheminan Sat 15-Feb-14 11:34:01

Good morning from the Thames Valley. After a night of not sleeping, I feel relieved that the mobile didn't go off to warn that the flood is finally creeping my way.

Galen Sat 15-Feb-14 11:59:43

Good morning. Wild night here. Sunshine now.
Must go and make a banana cake to take to Gloucester tomorrow for my granddaughter. She likes my cake hmm

dustyangel Sat 15-Feb-14 12:55:23

I was going to post that it's not raining today but by the time I got back from the Saturday market it had started again. I haven't seen the UK news yet, it sounds horrendous.

The market has a chocolate fair today, lots of people laden with groceries trying to eat strawberries and cream in chocolate dishes.
I had a cherry liqueur in chocolate. smile

KatyK Sat 15-Feb-14 13:28:50

I've battened them down Dragonfly!! Still dry and sunny at the moment but wind has got up again.