Gransnet forums

Chat

How would this go down where you live?

(15 Posts)
granjura Wed 26-Feb-14 10:43:09

Exactly same thing would happen here- but also in the town I used to live in UK. Many would ignore, but someone would help ...

Agus Wed 26-Feb-14 00:13:21

I have witnessed acts of kindness where I live so I would expect to see this happen here.

rosequartz Tue 25-Feb-14 22:43:45

That's lovely and heartwarming and brings home the plight of Syrian refugee children..

If you want to help Syrian refugees but wonder how the money will be spent then here is an alternative:-

www.facebook.com/LilyLoveInTheLanguageOfYarn

Even if you don't knit or crochet then I am sure that other donations will be gratefully received, or money for transportation costs.

cathybee Tue 25-Feb-14 22:23:04

Thank you for sharing it. I like that site, happy isn't it

cathybee Tue 25-Feb-14 22:22:26

Nonnie cried for ages, I am not sure why, I think it was just so kind of those people to offer their coats and it is what God teaches us to do and the world would be a better place if we were all so generous.

Given the opportunity most human beings would have done that I think, given their coats.

mollie Fri 21-Feb-14 12:51:38

I saw this earlier... would like to think someone would be kind enough but I can imagine all manner of people scuttling by, afraid of contact because of potential accusations of child abuse. Or maybe I'm showing my cynical side...

whenim64 Fri 21-Feb-14 12:49:25

Yes, in Manchester City centre there would be a similar response. I worked with homeless people there and know of many examples of food, clothes, even shoes being taken off and given to needy people in the street. A child would be noticed quickly.

annodomini Fri 21-Feb-14 12:29:09

I think that in our small town the reaction would be similar. I couldn't vouch for the city centre though.

grannyactivist Fri 21-Feb-14 12:00:20

So typical of what I know of Norway. smile
In my small town I imagine that very many people would react in the same way.

Aka Fri 21-Feb-14 11:55:02

That was heartwarming smile

janerowena Fri 21-Feb-14 11:22:00

Sorry, cross-posted! That's lovely to see. My village is lovely, I would hope that someone would help.

Nonnie Fri 21-Feb-14 11:21:16

Very on the ball jane!

janerowena Fri 21-Feb-14 11:20:36

www.goodnewsnetwork.org/civics/what-norwegians-do-when-a-boy-is-shivering-in-the-cold.html

Nonnie Fri 21-Feb-14 11:20:17

www.goodnewsnetwork.org/civics/what-norwegians-do-when-a-boy-is-shivering-in-the-cold.html

Sorry, forgot to blue it!

Nonnie Fri 21-Feb-14 11:19:34

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/civics/what-norwegians-do-when-a-boy-is-shivering-in-the-cold.html