Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(21 Posts)
12Michael Mon 24-Feb-14 07:05:17

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another bright start to the day here in Brackley this morning.
Mick

sherish Mon 24-Feb-14 07:42:51

Good morning!

Raining here in Manchester. Hoping it will brighten up later.

NfkDumpling Mon 24-Feb-14 08:00:42

Brilliant red sky here first thing. Not a good sign although the forecast says the rain is all going to drop in the Manchester area and peter out by the time it gets here! grin

Iam64 Mon 24-Feb-14 08:07:20

Oh No, how long will those of us in the Manchester area get rained on then? (starts to hum yet another chorus of "always look on the bright side of life" as getting ready for yet another muddy dog walk)

PRINTMISS Mon 24-Feb-14 08:17:27

Good morning, another bright morning here, can't believe it! Hope the dry weather is helping those who are flooded, and that the sun is shining where they are and making them feel a little better. It's housework today for me, no gallivanting, cleaning windows first on the list. Enjoy your days.

whenim64 Mon 24-Feb-14 08:24:45

Just returned from my muddy dog walk here in South Manchester. There's the most enormous fallen oak tree (from last week's storms) still blocking the lane going into the park, obviously being removed chunk by chunk. All the branches have been sawn off now, but we still have to scramble over it to continue our walk. I saw two dogs stood on it yesterday, looking like they were playing 'King of the Castle.' There's a lot more rain up there yet - hope it blows away from here.

Galen Mon 24-Feb-14 09:09:36

Grey with a streak of bright.

Ariadne Mon 24-Feb-14 09:20:00

Absolutely beautiful down here! But I think rain is on the way, thoug it is hard to believe, looking out of the window.

Nonu Mon 24-Feb-14 09:36:12

Top of the morning one and all , nice day here , just right for getting washing dry !
sunshine

vegasmags Mon 24-Feb-14 09:43:07

Yes, it's all grey here again in Manchester. Getting the washing dry outside Nonu is just a far off memory for me. I do have a tumble drier - an ancient one - but I only use it when desperate, so the washing is festooning the airers and radiators, and sheets are hanging from the doors.

rosesarered Mon 24-Feb-14 10:18:52

grey here too, but not supposed to rain [but looks like it will] am off to the local garden centre to meet a friend and look at plants.

Lona Mon 24-Feb-14 10:20:35

A reasonably brightish morning here, and it looks as though it will improve.
No plans today except for a Lidl shop, so a slow start.

Can't beat a line of washing blowing in the wind Nonu sunshine

BAnanas Mon 24-Feb-14 10:24:53

It's a beautiful sunny day here with blue skies, so must get out there and not waste it indoors.

henetha Mon 24-Feb-14 10:32:26

Sunny and mild. It's beautiful here in south Devon.
Going out for a walk.

kittylester Mon 24-Feb-14 11:47:59

Good morning all!!

It is grey and damp in North Leicestershire - quite miserable really.

So far this morning I have cobbled together a goulash and put it in the slow oven while looking after DGD3 while her mother takes the worst case of hives I've ever seen, to the GP.

In a little while I am going to have a pub lunch with 3 friends before driving like a lunatic very sedately to Derby to collect DGS1 and DGD1 from school, giving them tea and delivering DGS to Beavers.

Then home to enjoy [I hope!!] the goulash and wine

Enjoy your days everyone! sunshine

NanKate Mon 24-Feb-14 11:54:58

Morning everyone. Lovely day in Thames Valley.

Just walked down to Keep Fit then walked back up the hill and I am 'cream crackered' !

Roderick Mon 24-Feb-14 11:59:52

Glad to hear its a lovely day in the Thames Valley,I used to live near Marlow

Roderick Mon 24-Feb-14 12:02:43

Yes,grey and damp here in Loughborough.
Enjoy your pub lunch Kitty

Bellasnana Mon 24-Feb-14 12:07:21

Hello everyone. 7am here in Orlando and it still looks grey outside. Yesterday was 28C and sunny without the rain which had been forecast so hoping for similar today.

DD1 had to leave yesterday as she is back to work today, so felt sad to see her go but hope to see her again before we go back home.
Hope you all have a good day sunshine

dustyangel Mon 24-Feb-14 12:57:07

It was gloomy here yesterday but bright and sunny this morning in this part of Surrey. Most of our family are in the Thames Valley and all the gardens are, even if not waterlogged, so battered and bedraggled with trees down and fence panels missing.

I'm off to the chiropractor's later, I'll enjoy the walk if it stays fine.

Enjoy your day everyone.

KatyK Mon 24-Feb-14 13:22:53

sunny, mild and calm in Brum