Gransnet forums

Chat

Favourite Adverts

(30 Posts)
mollie Fri 28-Feb-14 17:14:57

OK, this shows how much of a TV addict I am but right now two of my favourite adverts are the b/w Lexus ad with those fantastic dancers and the Freeserve ad with the cat and the budgie! Very different but they are my current favourites...how about you?

Polygran Sat 01-Mar-14 09:23:52

We copied the diet coke break as a fundraiser at work. All the fit blokes took a turn in the glass lift and the girls and others paid into the washbucket to watch! Raised loads for charity in 20 mins or so!
Currently the Specsavers shepherd is my favourite

ginny Sat 01-Mar-14 08:53:02

My favourite ones at the moment are Haribo and the one with the little girl and the cat. I agree that often I can't remember what some are advertising. Also, some leave me feeling 'what was that all about and how did it fit in with the product'.

Flowerofthewest Sat 01-Mar-14 00:36:52

One of my aunts was asked to do a Daz advert many years ago. She was paid £30 and something like a tenner every time it was shown on ITV. She was meant to show the packet of Daz and wash her sheets then hang on the line to be filmed. Problem was that she didn't have any decent sheets, all old, grey and with holes. So she ran to a neighbour's and borrowed her sheets for the advert. No one knew except us, much later. We really did not know how she managed to get her sheets so white. I don't think that Daz would have touched them.

merlotgran Fri 28-Feb-14 23:07:11

We hate the Specsavers shepherd advert because Millie, our senior JR, hurls herself at the telly as soon as the wailing music starts. We're not sure if she's trying to bite the dog or the shepherd!

Ana Fri 28-Feb-14 22:51:50

Icy! grin

Deedaa Fri 28-Feb-14 22:49:14

I love the Specsavers shepherd ad but my favourite is the cats with thumbs! I'm just waiting for my four to take over the world!

penguinpaperback Fri 28-Feb-14 20:33:16

I do find the cat and little girl funny. It must remind so many of us of our GDs.

Icyalittle Fri 28-Feb-14 20:30:11

Rats! I mis-read the title as favourite adverbs. I was hoping to share something quite different.....

shysal Fri 28-Feb-14 20:26:41

My current favourite is the girl with cat. The song has re-entered the charts as a result.

rosesarered Fri 28-Feb-14 20:25:43

carnationa grin
I used to like the Guiness ads, particularly the 'white horses' and the surfer.

carnationa Fri 28-Feb-14 20:15:04

no rose I prefer pees he he he he

rosesarered Fri 28-Feb-14 20:08:48

I do vaguely remember the Farrows advert, what a memory you havecarnationa
my favourite ad at the moment is the Corsa car ad, with all the coloured smoke.

rosesarered Fri 28-Feb-14 20:06:25

Should that be peas?hmm

rosequartz Fri 28-Feb-14 20:05:38

We liked the specsavers one with the old couple who ate the cheese sandwiches - 'what sort of cheese was that?' And the shepherd one as well.
Haribo and girl with a cat are both great!

carnationa Fri 28-Feb-14 19:56:48

My favourite advert, not sure anyone ill remember this, was an advert for Farrows Pees and the jingle was--sorry mate your too late all the pees have gone to Farrows, it would be great if anyone remembers that

merlotgran Fri 28-Feb-14 19:55:33

The girl with the cat advert

This always makes me think of DGD2 grin

newist Fri 28-Feb-14 19:47:02

I love the cat and the budgie one, also the Mercedes one with the chickens, ho do the chickens do that? grin

harrigran Fri 28-Feb-14 18:57:12

I have to go to youtube to see adverts as we record and fast forward everything. There is a one with a little girl on a bike with a cat in the basket, that's good and I love the Haribo one. GD and I saw it first at the cinema and we laughed at the silly grown ups grin

Yofab Fri 28-Feb-14 18:28:32

Love the Specsavers ad with the shepherd

Ana Fri 28-Feb-14 18:21:38

Same here!

mollie Fri 28-Feb-14 18:21:21

I guess you'd have to say the ad fails if we can't remember the product.

Agus Fri 28-Feb-14 18:15:23

Many times Jess and when it's finished I can't remember what was actually being advertised.

JessM Fri 28-Feb-14 18:11:55

the one with the pretty girl twins - one of them has a girlfriend. No idea what it is advertising though. Do you ever find that the advert actually distracts you from the product?

rosequartz Fri 28-Feb-14 18:10:51

Brilliant. Just wondering if that's the one made by a friend's DS, must find out!

merlotgran Fri 28-Feb-14 18:07:04

Crossed post, Soutra grin