Gransnet forums

Chat

Where do you Gransnet ?

(40 Posts)
NanKate Sat 08-Mar-14 17:34:53

6.30 in the morning with the Ipad under the covers so that DH is not woken by my tapping on the keys ! wink

Bellasnana Sun 09-Mar-14 22:57:24

Agus - yes, I dim the backlight too and I honestly don't believe it disturbs Mr. B. He only notices I am awake if he gets up to go to the loo, otherwise he sleeps like a baby!

NanKate - I'm sorry I can't answer your question re the US. I haven't really met any people of our generation who I could ask. DDs friends are all in the 20's to 30's age group and all seem surgically attached to their devices. I feel for their children as they seem to be neglected while mum is constantly checking/answering messages and what-not. Glad the Internet wasn't around when my kids were little grin

merlotgran Sun 09-Mar-14 21:15:26

On my laptop in the sitting room. It gets plonked on the coffee table amidst gardening books and magazines. The dogs know as soon as I pick it up they can snuggle up on the sofa.

Soutra Sun 09-Mar-14 21:10:33

Laptop or iPhone especially when watching boring tv!

dustyangel Sun 09-Mar-14 20:54:37

On my laptop on the sofa in the sitting room.

Agus Sun 09-Mar-14 19:04:05

Also meant to mention, when I cannot get wifi connection I go into Personal Hotspot on my iPhone and this connects wifi to iPad.

Agus Sun 09-Mar-14 19:02:34

Bella and NanKate. I dimmed the backlight on my iPad due to DH mentioning it was too bright as he tried to,get to sleep! Sorted.

Galen Sun 09-Mar-14 16:22:18

Where ever I am

positivepam Sun 09-Mar-14 15:57:31

I am afraid I am really boring and use my laptop on the sofa in the lounge, but only when the GC aren't around! Otherwise we end up with Spiderman, The Hulk, Iggle Piggle or .......well, you get my drift. I like Gnet when it is nice and peaceful and I can concentrate.

newist Sun 09-Mar-14 12:02:53

I am sitting in the kitchen . cooking a Sunday roast.practicing on my new android phone.very sensitive keys

MargaretX Sun 09-Mar-14 11:16:29

I read it on my smart phone with my feet up - but write on my computer in my 'office'. I still like my Apple computer and find writing easier than on my phone.

NanKate Sun 09-Mar-14 07:26:09

Thanks Bellasnana I have just discovered the switch with your help. I will use it from now on.

With regard to the light can't you turn the screen away from DH ? I find husbands do complain about things that really don't affect them at all.

I believe you are in the US on hols, do our generation in the States use IPads etc as much as we do ?

harrigran Sun 09-Mar-14 01:10:13

Who cares where they come from as long as we are online smile

grannyactivist Sun 09-Mar-14 01:05:45

1) Laptop in the sitting room (usually with feet up).
2) On the iPad elsewhere in the house or when in a hotel/abroad.
3) On the iPhone where there is no wi-fi signal (used it today for the first time).
4) Very, very occasionally in the study on the desktop computer.

In case this gives the impression that a) I'm stonkingly rich or b) that I'm some sort of techno addict, I feel I should point out that:
The laptop was a gift from my husband.
The iPad was a gift from my Chinese 'son'.
The iPhone (4) was a gift from my son in law when he upgraded to an iPhone 5 (which he's since broken, but he's not having his old one back; it's all mine.) [evil grin ]
The desktop p.c. is practically an antique.

Bellasnana Sun 09-Mar-14 00:54:11

iPad wherever I am. iPhone too sometimes.
NanKate you don't have to go into 'settings' to mute your iPad. There's a switch to the left of the volume control. Just click that to mute it or un mute it smile
I am up in the night with mine but DH complains the light from it disturbs him. Judging from his snores, I don't think it doeswink

harrigran Sun 09-Mar-14 00:52:06

On my laptop in the study, three times a day.

numberplease Sun 09-Mar-14 00:15:41

On my laptop on the settee in the living room.

NanKate Sat 08-Mar-14 22:41:42

Gone into settings Mollie and turned off the keyboard clicks - it was an easy peasy doodle - thanks for the suggestion.

Agus Sat 08-Mar-14 22:23:05

On my iPad anywhere in the house. On my phone in the car

Hi and welcome suespud. If you get to Oban I can highly recommend the fresh seafood restaurant EE-USK on the small pier, not the ferry pier.

mollie Sat 08-Mar-14 21:49:04

I'm sure you can, the click is annoying. I have a rubber keyboard which is almost silent but it also stops my hands hurting from all the screen tapping I did. Let me know if it works...

NanKate Sat 08-Mar-14 21:20:34

Mollie I didn't realise I could mute the keys on my IPad, I shall investigate this and if unsuccessful get my DS to do it for me. Thanks for the advice.

grannyisland Sat 08-Mar-14 20:57:47

Hello Suespud. Enjoy Oban. I'm quite new and addicted already.
I'm always on the ipad on my sofa, like you BAnana half watching telly.

mollie Sat 08-Mar-14 20:46:18

Hello Suespud, welcome to the fun...smile

Suespud Sat 08-Mar-14 20:43:35

Multi tasking..two words.. Dohhhh!!

Suespud Sat 08-Mar-14 20:42:42

Hello, I'm new. I'm sitting watching The Voice, looking for hotels in Oban and on here. Multitasking!!

Brendawymms Sat 08-Mar-14 20:36:40

On my IPad much too many times a day. If away on my IPad mini. Addicted.