Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(12 Posts)
NanKate Mon 17-Mar-14 06:57:07

Morning all and Mick.

Off to the big smoke today to see the Cheapside Hoard discovered in 1912. Should be interesting.

12Michael Mon 17-Mar-14 07:03:40

Morning all,
Just a fraction late its nice bright and sunny here in Brackley.
Mick

Sook Mon 17-Mar-14 07:10:18

The sun has yet to breakthrough here but it is still a pleasant mild Cheshire morning. The birds are singing and the woodpeckers are making their presence heard.

The Cheapside Hoard sounds interesting NanKate will google it later.

Must get ready for the school run, have a good day everyone sunshine

kittylester Mon 17-Mar-14 07:23:24

Good morning all!

Cloudy here in North Leicestershire this morning but quite warm!

I'm feeling llike death warmed up this morning! The cottage over the road was subject to a police visit at around midnight and, eventually, there were four police vehicles and eight policemen hammering on the front door and shouting 'Open up' etc. They then rammed his door open to much f-ing and blinding! It all went quiet until the police helicopter flew overhead, with it's search light on!!

The chap over the road probably feels marginally worse than i but not much!!

I'm going to see Mum this afternoon but I won't tell her about the fun overnight as she would be mortified that her daughter lives in such a down market area. grin

berdie Mon 17-Mar-14 07:34:29

Morning all, overcast here in Bradford this morning, still as long as there is no rain, should have a good day, got to prepare some trucks for sale, so we need it dry. Have a good day. smile

DebnCreme Mon 17-Mar-14 07:35:30

Good morning all. A bit cloudy here but who knows what the day will bring. Poor you Kitty, hope you manage to catch up with your sleep during the day.

PRINTMISS Mon 17-Mar-14 07:36:34

Good morning, another lovely morning here, so out in the garden again to continue the tidying up - love the trees that surround us, but they cause a lot of work, can't have everything. After a delicious meal out yesterday with friends have decided to fast today, or at least that is the plan! What a dreadful night for you Kitty, hate it when my sleep is disturbed. Enjoy your days every one.

baubles Mon 17-Mar-14 07:54:18

So envious of you all in the sunshine envy. The wind and rain yesterday would have taken the face off you and it looks pretty much the same today sad

No work today, off for a mooch round the west end (Glasgow).

AlieOxon Mon 17-Mar-14 08:08:51

Awake a little too early... today is a clearing up day. After a troubled week I had lunch yesterday with daughter J and family, and feel much better. Stroked. Soothed.

And I have now properly met J2 who will soon be mother to greatgrandchild!
(Seven weeks OMG and this couple won't know what hits them!)

Brendawymms Mon 17-Mar-14 08:18:19

Morning all. Sunny and bright in East Sussex. Watching Breakfast TV. Item about Shakespeare. The teacher said that they were trying to make it "more simple" for the children. When the teacher can't get modern language right what hope for Shakespeare. " simpler" please.

MrsM Mon 17-Mar-14 08:40:06

Good morning from a dull but mild Dorset. No drama - or indeed anything very much - here; that must have been an awful night.
As far as I knowwe have no plans for today - just take it as it comes.
The T20 World Championship starts today, so there's always the possibility of watching a bit of cricket on the gogglebox

harrigran Mon 17-Mar-14 12:28:42

Whoops ! afternoon already, where did the morning go ?
Cloudy and windy again in the north east. Monday is a rest day after seeing GC on a Sunday.