Gransnet forums

Chat

Potential for husband swapping maybe?

(35 Posts)
narrowboatnan Fri 18-Apr-14 12:38:09

I would like to share with you today's Senior Moment. There we were, DH and I, trolling around Asda, him with the trolley and me browsing the shelves. I had stopped to choose a couple of comics ready for visiting grandchildren (they're coming on Monday), made my selection and headed off to the vegetable aisles to find him. I put the comics in the trolley and explained to him that I'd got a Thomas the Tank Engine comic for DGS and a Princess comic with free pretty necklace for DGD. Then I looked up. Ooops! Wrong husband! Well, one white haired bearded gentleman looks very much like another, don't they?? This chap's wife said that I could have him if I wanted, but assured me that I'd soon send him back! They weren't even wearing similar clothes - my DH had a black jacket on and this other chap was wearing a blue check shirt! Goes to show how much notice I take of what he's wearing, doesn't it?? Oh dear me!

glammanana Fri 18-Apr-14 12:49:48

Its not only you narrowboatnan who makes mistakes like that,a few weeks ago in Morrisons I parked my car and hubby sauntered off towards the prom with Poppy to give her some excercise and said he will come back in and meet me in about 20mins after he had put her back in the car,I was through the till and 45mins later when I saw him again his excuse was he had forgotton I had changed my usual coat and put on a jacket and he had given up trying to find me !! he had approached 2/3 blonde haired ladies from the rear and made a fool of himself by popping some goodies into their trollies only to then realise it was not me,I was wearing a bright pink jacket so really he had no excuse hmm

sunseeker Fri 18-Apr-14 12:59:42

Not long after we were married I had gone out with some girlfriends and arranged for DH to pick me up. I came out of the restaurant and saw him so started walking towards him, only for him to walk straight past me and head for the restaurant! He was 22 at the time (he was lucky to make it to 23!)

rosesarered Fri 18-Apr-14 16:16:55

At a party years ago at my house, I introduced a couple to my husband [who was looming behind me]. Only it wasn't him! His amazed face when I introduced him as my husband, will stay with me forever.
On another note,narrowboatnan the high price of comics.... I bought a Beano recently for DGS 1 , couldn't see a price on it until it was through the till, it was £2, unbelievable. tbushock I used to buy the Beano for DS when he was young, and they only cost pocket change [he had one every week.]

ninathenana Fri 18-Apr-14 16:20:03

Slightly off topic. We had loaded the car after shopping. I had got in and DH was taking the trolley back. I then watched in the rear view as he passed my car and attempted to get into the one three cars away which although it was a silver hatch it wasn't even the same make as mine. tbuhmm

goldengirl Fri 18-Apr-14 16:52:36

I NEVER go food shopping with DH or any other shopping if I can possibly avoid it unless we're on holiday. He just wanders off and is hopeless at finding things we need. But he does pay which is a bonus, because he finds stuff HE wants very easily. Bless him

rosequartz Fri 18-Apr-14 22:51:09

I have been known to ask the 'wrong husband' his opinion on what he would like for dinner or which wine to buy. They are usually quite friendly and often more helpful than DH.

granjura Sat 19-Apr-14 11:19:20

I am NOT swapping mine- ever ...but don't tell him I said so ;)

Galen Sat 19-Apr-14 12:10:47

If anyone has one in quite good condition,that they wish to get rid of, I'm willing to try them out.
The only conditions are
1. They must be housetrained
2. Can cook
3. It is on a sale or return basis.

soop Sat 19-Apr-14 12:22:06

grin grin grin Norty Galen

janerowena Sat 19-Apr-14 12:49:58

I'm very tempted Galen! It takes mine at least a week before he stops being in work mode, trying to boss me about and alter my routine to suit him. Then just as he relaxes, he is preparing work to go back again. I think you would just the person he needs to put him in his place. tbugrin

Nelliemoser Sat 19-Apr-14 13:41:10

I would have to pay to get someone to take mine away.

As for the rest of you! "You should have gone to Specsavers." wink

Nonu Sat 19-Apr-14 13:54:40

None of you ain"t havin" my old chap !!!
tbugrin

Ariadne Sat 19-Apr-14 17:15:44

Thanks, Nonu! Believe me, he is all yours.

rosequartz Sat 19-Apr-14 20:10:15

You can borrow mine, Galen, as long as you don't mind being interrupted constantly (I'm on here because I am sulking exasperated.

Fairly well trained but can only cook 2 dishes (one being a fry-up, yuck)

Can I have him back when the bins need emptying please.

Galen Sat 19-Apr-14 20:30:02

Does he snore?

Nonu Sat 19-Apr-14 20:40:31

i would not let anyone have mine , he is a treasure and the best in the world , and I love him so much even after 43 years !

Ana Sat 19-Apr-14 20:50:11

rosequartz, you mean yours actually empties the bins? Where?

yogagran Sat 19-Apr-14 20:56:38

Don't think mine knows that bins have to be emptied, he thinks it's all done by magic

janerowena Sat 19-Apr-14 22:03:02

Mine does things, but only if I ask. I would love things to be done without having to ask. Mine is perfectly capable of walking right past the emptied bin at the end of the drive without returning it to its place, let alone taking it out in the first place. I left it out once for three days to see what happened - my son noticed it and returned it so I was foiled!

rosequartz Sun 20-Apr-14 20:43:33

He only snores if he has a couple of pints of real ale, Galen.

He empties the bins, does most of the garden and also blush does most of the ironing (simply because he thinks I don't do it properly)

On second thoughts, I don't think I will lend him out in case he decides not to come back.

Fairhair Sun 20-Apr-14 21:49:33

shock not sure I want one of those! confused

Galen Sun 20-Apr-14 22:35:01

rosequartz
I can tell you , if I had someone like that!
I would never ever let him go!

Galen Sun 20-Apr-14 22:39:12

Must admit, I would like someone again to love, honour and cherish
But being very independent, disabled and bloody awkward!
I don't think anyone could cope with ME!*

rosequartz Sun 20-Apr-14 22:39:24

I'd better look after him!