Gransnet forums

Chat

Potential for husband swapping maybe?

(36 Posts)
narrowboatnan Fri 18-Apr-14 12:38:09

I would like to share with you today's Senior Moment. There we were, DH and I, trolling around Asda, him with the trolley and me browsing the shelves. I had stopped to choose a couple of comics ready for visiting grandchildren (they're coming on Monday), made my selection and headed off to the vegetable aisles to find him. I put the comics in the trolley and explained to him that I'd got a Thomas the Tank Engine comic for DGS and a Princess comic with free pretty necklace for DGD. Then I looked up. Ooops! Wrong husband! Well, one white haired bearded gentleman looks very much like another, don't they?? This chap's wife said that I could have him if I wanted, but assured me that I'd soon send him back! They weren't even wearing similar clothes - my DH had a black jacket on and this other chap was wearing a blue check shirt! Goes to show how much notice I take of what he's wearing, doesn't it?? Oh dear me!

Galen Sun 20-Apr-14 22:40:52

Yip!

rosequartz Sun 20-Apr-14 22:41:09

Well, he can be bloody awkward too. Very frequently!

Whereas I am all sweetness and light. grin

Galen Sun 20-Apr-14 23:05:50

Of course!

Icyalittle Mon 21-Apr-14 09:20:11

I once kissed my DH on the back of the neck, coming back into a bar from the loo. The look on his face as he stood nearby and watched me was only matched by that on the man I had assaulted! (It did teach me to wear my glasses ALL THE TIME).

Anne58 Mon 21-Apr-14 09:33:20

I came out of the village shop and got into the wrong car. The chap was very good about it though. blush

Mr P is a treasure in many ways. He cooks, cleans the oven and brings me tea in bed. he does however snore, although he insists he is actually "purring" confused

annodomini Mon 21-Apr-14 10:04:28

Have you got him confused with Digby perhaps, phoenix? tbugrin

Anne58 Mon 21-Apr-14 10:06:50

Don't think so anno Mr P doesn't leap around the buddleia trying to catch butterflies.

Galen Mon 21-Apr-14 10:24:32

What a lovely vision!
Mr P (in the nude) running round the garden, leaping nimbly over bushes in his pursuit of Lepidoptera!
That has made me laugh out loud!

Anne58 Mon 21-Apr-14 11:02:27

It would certainly entertain the neighbours Galen grin

narrowboatnan Mon 21-Apr-14 15:39:52

I know JUST what you mean about the price of the comics- I try not to look or I wouldn't buy them. They enjoy them though, and I think children should have comics. I used to enjoy reading 'Bunty' and 'Judy' and then 'Jackie' when I was younger smile