Gransnet forums

Chat

Hacked baby monitor

(10 Posts)
glassortwo Thu 01-May-14 07:49:28

I read this yesterday on my news feed and was horrified, don't know if this has already been discussed, apologies if it has.

www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/man-hacks-10-month-olds-baby-monitor-3468827

Lona Thu 01-May-14 07:52:29

I read about this a couple of days ago, it makes me feel sick.

glassortwo Thu 01-May-14 07:57:45

Me too lona

Aka Thu 01-May-14 07:58:34

There are some sick people out there.

DebnCreme Thu 01-May-14 08:39:30

When we used one of the original child monitors ( they have greatly improved now) we could hear conversations from other new parents in our road. Decided our own listening ear and watchful eye was probably a better option as you never knew whose child you were panicking over.

Flowerofthewest Thu 01-May-14 08:53:56

Terrifying - It made me feel quite nauseous. How frightening for both baby and parents.

sunseeker Thu 01-May-14 08:57:29

What sort of person would do this - I just can't get my head round their reasoning and what they get out of it. Just sick

glassortwo Thu 01-May-14 09:11:11

Puts another spin on filming school performances, when they can use the monitor and can view at will.

Agus Thu 01-May-14 09:19:39

I can't get my head round this either. Truly sickening!

POGS Thu 01-May-14 10:20:08

I know exactly what you mean.

I first saw this story on Sky news where they interviewed the lovely family in America. It was so awful for them, they genuinely thought they had an intruder in the baby's room and the dad noticed the baby monitor moving remotely.

They even had the person doing it shouting abuse and unrepeatable words to the parents whilst they were trying to find out what was happening.

It must have felt like you were in a room with a demonic ghost for a while.

I have also read a lot about women being 'viewed' on their home computers, this is all very sickening and it does make you think doesn't it.