Gransnet forums

Chat

When you have a shower......

(45 Posts)
kittylester Fri 06-Jun-14 08:01:40

do you generally have the water running over your front or back?

Apparently, 'everyone' apart from me faces into the water - well according to DH they do [how does he know emoticon?] grin

dustyangel Fri 06-Jun-14 10:52:37

My fantasy is to have a bath installed as well as a shower but I'll probably be too decrepit to get out of it by the time it happens.
Meanwhile I always unhook the shower head and wash bits of me and then rinse them. Saves water. When I wash my hair it feels luxurious to have water cascading all over me. I only use soap and scent free products as well.
Having conducted my own mini survey, I can reveal that all men (well one of them) have their back to the spray.grin

henetha Fri 06-Jun-14 11:20:26

No bath installed here, sadly. But a good powerful shower. I tend to mainly stand wth my back to it as I don't like too much water on my face.

Tegan Fri 06-Jun-14 11:29:56

I'm a bath person; my main problem when we stay oop north is that we only have a shower there and I get withdrawal symptoms after a couple of days. When I think of moving sometimes, any house on Right Move that doesn't have a bath puts me off straight away.

janthea Fri 06-Jun-14 11:35:29

I face the shower most of the time, but do keep turning to wash off the bubbles.

harrigran Fri 06-Jun-14 11:52:11

Back to the shower so I can tip my head back and not get shampoo in my eyes.

HollyDaze Fri 06-Jun-14 11:58:53

I'm another that tends to rotate in the shower but I always spoil myself with hot water pounding the small of my back - absolute bliss grin

janerowena Fri 06-Jun-14 12:32:42

I turn around and around, then at the end I finish with it on my shoulders for a massage feel.

No eroticism has been knowingly portrayed, just sheer efficiency!

grumppa Fri 06-Jun-14 12:51:55

shy and kitty - the waistline of many men of gransnet age effectively prevents overhead shower water from directly striking their 'front bits'.

Ana Fri 06-Jun-14 13:16:22

Too true, grumppa! grin

FlicketyB Fri 06-Jun-14 13:22:05

Bather by preference but when I have a shower after swimming it is always back to the water me to wash my hair.

rubysong Fri 06-Jun-14 19:05:01

Back to the shower. Lather hair and leave shampoo on while soaping the rest of me. Then rinse all, including hair, put on conditioner and rinse it off. Unhook shower head to do nether regions and rinse walls and shower door. I don't get those huge fixed, overhead shower heads. I think they appeal to males but wouldn't do for me and are no help for cleaning the shower.

apricot Fri 06-Jun-14 19:10:14

No shower and I don't want one. I need my scalding hot bath at bedtime and - shock horror - I don't use soap.

Ana Fri 06-Jun-14 19:32:18

Have you any skin left...? shock

Deedaa Fri 06-Jun-14 21:15:24

I start facing the shower - so that I can turn the taps on and adjust the temperature, and finish up with my back to it while I wash my hair. My treat used to be L'Occitane Lemon Verbena shower gel but then I found that M&S do their own Lemon Verbena for £2 and it smells exactly the same smile

rockgran Fri 06-Jun-14 21:27:39

I turn slowly and try not to get dizzy. We no longer have a bath as we redid the bathroom with a bigger shower. I do miss it sometimes and try to get room with a bath on holiday if possible.

mrshat Sat 07-Jun-14 17:12:13

Back to the water every time! Eases the aching shoulders and lower back. Pears shower gel ...........

granjura Sat 07-Jun-14 17:33:14

Front first, then slow turn to back, front, back. I love the water on my face actually.

Eloethan Sun 08-Jun-14 01:38:55

Hate showers. I find a bath so much more relaxing, warming and easing of any aches and pains.

NanKate Sun 08-Jun-14 06:41:14

I haven't liked baths since as a child I had my weekly bath on a Sunday night and I knew school was coming up the next day. As I grew older I would notice how I started to worry about things whilst lying there soaking.

Have a daily invigorating shower now and love it and the worrying thoughts have gone away.

As the old phrase goes 'there's none so queer as folk'.