Gransnet forums

Chat

When you have a shower......

(44 Posts)
kittylester Fri 06-Jun-14 08:01:40

do you generally have the water running over your front or back?

Apparently, 'everyone' apart from me faces into the water - well according to DH they do [how does he know emoticon?] grin

Brendawymms Fri 06-Jun-14 08:08:14

Hate showers. It's a bath and book for me with lots of bubbles.

Marmight Fri 06-Jun-14 08:08:56

Like you I always have my back to it resulting in dry skin so I have to moisturise the back with my magic implement! I only face the shower to wash shampoo off front of the heid grin

whenim64 Fri 06-Jun-14 08:10:32

I face away from the water, too, so I can assume your DH has yet to visit my bathroom, kitty grin

Gagagran Fri 06-Jun-14 08:15:16

We have a walk in shower (took the bath out so I could have this brilliant space) and the shower head is above and central so all sides (and corners) of the ancient bod get doused! grin No spectators allowed though Mr Kitty.

glassortwo Fri 06-Jun-14 08:16:47

Face on but no Mr Kitty hasnt visited here grin

Charleygirl Fri 06-Jun-14 08:23:15

I shower differently, I do not stand under it, I sit down, take the showerhead off the hook and apply the water as if I was watering plants. I obviousaly stand when the hidden bits need to be washed. I find it easier to sit down when hair washing.

I used to love soaking in a bubble bath with a book to read but these days if I managed to get in I would not get out so I had the bath removed and a shower installed, with no regrets. For me it is safer.

Agus Fri 06-Jun-14 08:25:36

I can't stand water spraying on my face so on to my back too. Also, I have now stopped using shower gels/soaps due to a reminder on another thread about soaps being unnecessary. I have very dry skin and I remembered a nursing tutor telling us that soaps were just a luxury and did more harm than good. Now I have stopped using these my skin isn't dry and itchy after a shower and it feels softer.

Wonder if it's a man thing Kitty?

Think I should do a survey to find out where men 'stand' on this grin

annodomini Fri 06-Jun-14 08:29:45

I do both - front and then back. I do find the hot spray on my back very soothing.

tanith Fri 06-Jun-14 08:32:19

Start off facing away then turn around I love the water on my face. Hair washed first then the rest of me.

ginny Fri 06-Jun-14 08:45:18

Face away. Hate the water spraying in my face. I prefer to have a nice relaxing bath but knees make it difficult to get out at the moment. So , only have one when DH is around in case of emergencies.

suebailey1 Fri 06-Jun-14 08:47:02

Face away - cant see with water spraying down my face. If I have a bath (usually when its cold) I shower after to get the shampoo etc out of my hair.

ninathenana Fri 06-Jun-14 08:57:25

I have the shower head adjusted so that water doesn't hit my face. I do front first then back, then unhook shower head to rinse 'bits' then put it back and wash hair.

shysal Fri 06-Jun-14 08:59:35

Face away for me too, hate water in my eyes, love the heat on my back.
Maybe a man enjoys the sensation on his 'front bits'. wink

J52 Fri 06-Jun-14 09:13:01

I'm another who hates the water on my face! X

Lona Fri 06-Jun-14 09:21:24

I keep moving! Back to water while I soap the front and then turn round and rinse off.
Not noticed Mr Kitty!

kittylester Fri 06-Jun-14 10:04:33

Wondered that Sal but didn't ask - never sure where a question like that might lead blush

Elegran Fri 06-Jun-14 10:12:29

I am another who hates water running down my face. I stand with my back to the shower, soap and rinse, unhook the shower head for the bits that the falling water does not rinse, then apply shampoo and rinse hair and then rinse all the rest again. Probably wasting time with the first all-over rinse, but hey! that is how I do it.

Interesting that so many of us prefer the shower angled onto our backs, not falling straight down on our heads. All those film shots of starlets stepping under a vertical stream of water are based on a male misconception (as are a lot of film shots)

NanKate Fri 06-Jun-14 10:18:36

Now onto shower gel. I like the ones that smell quite strongly of mint, tea tree or lavender. What do you like ?

Do you remember the film 9 to 5 with Dolly Parton in it where the girls string him up their boss for his bad behaviour. Well I have to admit someone bearing the description of Mr.Kitty is in a similar position in my garden room. Please come and collect his asap !

Finally front first, back second, under-carriage last. grin

NanKate Fri 06-Jun-14 10:19:17

Him not his.

Elegran Fri 06-Jun-14 10:25:02

No smell at all (shower gel, not MrK) or a very light one. Perfumed toiletries sting my skin.

glammanana Fri 06-Jun-14 10:25:05

Nankate Have you tried any of the Body Shops shower gels you can still smell the fragrance when you go into the shower room late in the day,the mandarine fruits are delish,I tend to slowly turn around in the shower washing hair first and leaving in conditioner whilst doing gel or body wash stuff until last then rinse off.

rosesarered Fri 06-Jun-14 10:34:21

I am another one that likes hot water on my back, as anno says, it's very soothing. I also hate water on my face, feels like you can't breathe.
I use Original Source shower gel, I love the lemon and teatree, also the lime.I think Elegran is right, all those shots of women in the shower, facing the water with their heads looking up , just look more erotic or interesting than the reality!

Elegran Fri 06-Jun-14 10:39:44

Roses So are the shots of women dreamily massaging their soapy breasts, while the rest of their bodies stay soap-free.

NanKate Fri 06-Jun-14 10:42:08

Thanks Glam I will go to Bodyshop and stock up.