Gransnet forums

Chat

'Bo Peeps Arms' (formerly Pete's Bar) reopening night

(350 Posts)
boheminan Sun 03-Aug-14 22:52:40

Pete's old place has been empty for a while now but a few of us 'regulars' slipped down the lane one night, prised away a few planks holding the door on, and are now squatting in the public bar.

The tea-lights add an interesting 'dimension' to the bar (plus magically erase wrinklesgrin).

It needs cleaning up a bit - so laydees come along, bring rags/buckets/mops - and whatever else you can lay your mitts on to swab the decks down. I've brought a box of Country Manor perry - so bring your own tin mugs and we'll get started. The planned Grand Opening Night is tomorrow…so someone will need to nip down to the shop and get in a few bottles. Glam are you okay with rustling up some sausages rolls? you could put a bit of that green stuff (parsley?) on them to make them look posh…..

glammanana Sat 23-Aug-14 12:31:46

Nonu enjoy the footie sweetie as there is not a chance of it being on the telly in the bar grin

boheminan Sat 23-Aug-14 12:35:45

Footie's on the telly on the mantlepiece - but the screen's too small to fit the goal posts in, so you'll just have to imagine them scoring the goalsgrin

boheminan Sat 23-Aug-14 12:38:51

...(Oh, and as it's black & white, you'll also have to work out which team's which, as they're all wearing black/white/grey…)

Nonu Sat 23-Aug-14 15:35:37

Thankx GLAM I think it might have been your wishes that swung it, up the CANARIES, 1-0 to them, Delia will be one happy gal.

Oh hello there BO nice to see you about,I do so like your innovative ideas for the FLOAT. I do think the float will scoop up all the prizes.

It is a shame I will not be able to see them.

sunshine to all *BO"s customers

boheminan Sat 23-Aug-14 19:14:55

Opening up at around 8.00 tonight laydees. Please queue in an orderly manner and don't forget to bring your tin mugs/tankards/buckets with you.

Tonight is BINGO nite, so get practising your numbers ('all alone - Number …? - just testing'!!!)

I'm just going up to the loft to get the housy-housy box down.

Ana Sat 23-Aug-14 19:40:58

Right laydees, that's the last we'll see of bo tonight! grin

Pass the brandy bottle, glamma!

boheminan Sat 23-Aug-14 19:56:53

Found it!
I've had a quick look and there's a few of the numbers missing, only seven, so I don't suppose it'll make much difference. I'm Very Excited about this, haven't played Bingo for years. I always used to win - because I have the loudest voice (be warned) I take my Bingo very seriously

Hey - how did you lot get in? I thought I'd locked the door, it's not Opening Up for another 5 mins - 'GERRROUTTA MY PUB - Your'e Barred' grinwine

Nonu Sat 23-Aug-14 20:15:01

Didn"t want to mention this on an open forum, but pls don"t forget you owe me a £100 BO for getting you out of nick after your incident with "OLD BILL" when you were dancing on the tables at the "POsh Wine bar.
But after all what are friends for !!
wink

boheminan Sat 23-Aug-14 20:23:00

Nuff said Nonublush

Get ready for Eyes Down Laydees…..

Ana Sat 23-Aug-14 20:29:30

So that's where you disappeared to last night, Bo, when we all thought you were trapped in the loft! shock

Sounds as though you took checking the opposition out to extreme lengths hmm Good job you were on the ball, Nonu - I think you deserve free drinks all night for rescuing our sometime Landlady...grin

Nonu Sun 24-Aug-14 17:36:13

FuNNy you should sAY that, my thoughts exactly. But will it happen

boheminan Sun 24-Aug-14 17:49:13

May have to chuck out early tonight laydees, there seems to be a shortage of beer after last night. Who won the Bingo? Did we play Bingo?

Lona Sun 24-Aug-14 17:53:09

Some of us were playing Bingo Bo but you seemed to be playing "Strip Jack Naked" with two of the firemen again!!!

hmm

Ana Sun 24-Aug-14 17:54:33

Well, as you deserted us yet again, Bo, we had a quick few games of Strip Jack Naked and had a grand old time swinging from the chandeliers lampshades!

Ana Sun 24-Aug-14 17:55:09

Ooh - great minds, Lona! grin

Ana Sun 24-Aug-14 17:57:23

I was a bit confused last night - could have sworn those were your combis draped over the standard lamp in the corner, but maybe you had a full house? wink

Lona Sun 24-Aug-14 18:05:57

Twins Ana grin

boheminan Sun 24-Aug-14 20:00:27

Open.

Where is everyonehmm. It's that Posh Wine Bar up the road…they're all getting above themselves slurping bottles of Hock there. Where's glam?…surely notshock

Ana Sun 24-Aug-14 20:07:35

Well, if you disappear yet again, Bo, we'll all know where you've gone...hmm

Something makes me think your heart isn't really in this venture - where are the bowls of toenail scratchings on the bar and the dubious cheesey nibbles Pete was so famous for...?

Lona Sun 24-Aug-14 20:11:40

Oh, don't remind me Ana, I haven't had gastroenteritis for ages!

hildajenniJ Sun 24-Aug-14 20:20:53

I can do you dubious cheesy nibbles, I can make anything edible look dubious, it's a talent I'm well known for in these parts, you just have to look at my teatime treat, sunken lemon sponge with questionable icing, but okay with a cup of tea. Are you having a pub quiz tonight? If so I'll hang around for a while and sip a nice G & T, thanks.

Ana Sun 24-Aug-14 20:55:53

OK, hilda, you're on! Dubious cheesey nibbles are now your department, although I'm not sure about the pub quiz, our landlady seems to have gone missing (again!!!).

boheminan Sun 24-Aug-14 22:01:23

Good evening laydeeswinewinewine

Tonight I thought we'd have a nice cosy evening round the fire knitting (or crochet for those that are partial to a hook) and chattingshock. I'm closing early as for some strange reason we run out of beer last night.

How about starting our very own 'Bo Peeps Book Club'? What do you laydees think?

Sometimes I fear I am taking on too much, what with all this climbing up and down loft ladders, walking pigs, scraping grease off cups and trying to organise a Carnivalhmm

What I need, I feel, is a Barmangrin

Ana Sun 24-Aug-14 22:14:32

Good idea - bring back Pete!