Gransnet forums

Chat

'Bo Peeps Arms' (formerly Pete's Bar) reopening night

(349 Posts)
boheminan Sun 03-Aug-14 22:52:40

Pete's old place has been empty for a while now but a few of us 'regulars' slipped down the lane one night, prised away a few planks holding the door on, and are now squatting in the public bar.

The tea-lights add an interesting 'dimension' to the bar (plus magically erase wrinklesgrin).

It needs cleaning up a bit - so laydees come along, bring rags/buckets/mops - and whatever else you can lay your mitts on to swab the decks down. I've brought a box of Country Manor perry - so bring your own tin mugs and we'll get started. The planned Grand Opening Night is tomorrow…so someone will need to nip down to the shop and get in a few bottles. Glam are you okay with rustling up some sausages rolls? you could put a bit of that green stuff (parsley?) on them to make them look posh…..

merlotgran Sun 03-Aug-14 22:58:44

Before you go to bed, Bo. I've just shoved the sheep you lost in the outhouse.

I'll pop in tomorrow night to raise a glass to your opening. wine

Nonu Sun 03-Aug-14 23:10:41

I will bring 24 bottles of DOM PERIGNON to get things going.

|Don"t get your hopes up though, it is a one off!!
xx

boheminan Sun 03-Aug-14 23:19:40

Thanks merlot I wondered where the bleating noise was coming from - thought it was the rusty hinges on the pub sign.
Nonu I'll bring a bottle of Tesco Value lemonade to mix with the Dom Perignon.

G'night. We'll be gathering in the Saloon Bar round the back (by the outside toilets) early tomorrow morning - 11.00am.

Nonu Sun 03-Aug-14 23:30:54

BOH SPLUTTER You ARE joking!!

newist Sun 03-Aug-14 23:31:50

I hope its not to posh, I was thinking more like, cider and pork scratchings

Nonu Sun 03-Aug-14 23:41:01

WELL , judging by BOH"S addition of TESCO"s value lemonade to the Dom Perignon [which cost me quite a lot I might add] .

BOH is certainly setting out her stall,cheap and cheerful !

boheminan Sun 03-Aug-14 23:41:10

Oh, don't worry there won't be anything as posh as cider newistgrin

I'm sorry Nonu, I understand 11.00am is very early for some of us, but one must be prepared to sacrifice one's beauty sleep in the name of glorious-clean-up - I personally only need 3 hours sleep a night wine

POGS Mon 04-Aug-14 00:27:11

Oh heck it's like having an affair or playing away from home without Pete grin

I tend to sit quietly in the corner enjoying listening to the chat so if that's OK can I make one simple request, Bo, will you keep loads of ice for my Bicardi and Coke please.

Mind you I'm acquiring a taste for Toffee Cider [ confused]. Call myself a good Somerset Lass. grin

boheminan Mon 04-Aug-14 09:41:13

Okay Nonu, as a special favour I'll buy a bottle of very expensive R. Whites lemonade - I reckon it's wasted sloshing it into that there Don Peregrine real ale stuffhmm. Pogs just to let you know… there's been a few 'Wanted - Pete" posters pinned up around the village but I don't think there'll be much response, it was difficult to describe him…the nearest we could get to a mug shot is a silhouette holding a jug mug of beer. Toffee cider?confused…well I suppose to keep you happy I could add couple of lumps of toffee to your glass of scrumpy (will Mint Imperials do at a pinch)?

Nonu Mon 04-Aug-14 10:49:49

Gee Whizz, BOH, you are certainly flashing the cash, steady on girl !!

I have left the Dom Perignon by the side entrance. save SOME for me
as I will probably pop down later for a large small to libation to toast the health of everyone plus absent friends of course !!

sunshine all round

12Michael Mon 04-Aug-14 11:03:45

I will have a half of that new brewery beer you have on the bar, at £1.20p a half, and I see you have some craft keg as well.
Mick

Gagagran Mon 04-Aug-14 11:19:52

Well I've never been known as a cheap date so I will have some of Nonu's shampoo if you please. (A pint glass will do if no flutes available) Cheers!

glammanana Mon 04-Aug-14 12:21:20

Well after a busy week-end doing my catering jobs I have found the time to bake off some sausage rolls for the Grand Opening to-night will pop in some extra's just in case we have a rush !! Save me some shampoo please nonu it will go down very well after a busy week.

Nonu Mon 04-Aug-14 12:28:11

Sure willsmile

boheminan Mon 04-Aug-14 12:47:09

Right Laydeeees - let's get scrubbinggrin

12Michael Mon 04-Aug-14 12:50:12

Trying to focus what the design of the Pub Sign would be like.
Mick

boheminan Mon 04-Aug-14 12:54:24

The knotted a la 1950's (just-like-me-mums) headscarf will prevent my locks from falling in the bucket of dirty soapy water. "Mops A-weigh" (*12Michael*- you can be an honorary Laydee and start by scouring the men's toilets - outside)grin

Nonu Mon 04-Aug-14 13:02:35

I would so love to help, but it is not possible I am afraid, as I just painted my nails in readiness for this evening!

Sorrrrrry!
Titter[behind my hand with the aforementioned newly painted nails]

glammanana Mon 04-Aug-14 13:20:34

Nonu I have a spare pair of rubber gloves you can use they have a posh diamond rind on the wedding finger and fur around the cuffs,will look good when holding your glass of shampoo grin do you have a cherry in your glass or is that just for the babycham ??
Mick just make sure the Pub Sign is not a bright red light we wouldn't want to give the wrong impression would we grin we being "Laydee's.

Ana Mon 04-Aug-14 13:34:04

Yes, not 'Laydees of the Night'!

Nice try, Nonu, you little skiver, but glamma's got you sussed grin

I am polishing the horse-brasses as we speak...

boheminan Mon 04-Aug-14 13:35:07

What's with all this 'shampoo' business? You all got nits or somethink?

Nonu Mon 04-Aug-14 13:50:22

You are right GLAM has sussed, can"t get much past these Liverpool gals.

Okay then but nothing too strenuous, perhaps a little flick here and there with my YELLOW feather duster[you know the one I mean]!
grin

Nonu Mon 04-Aug-14 13:52:06

BOH hope we haven't got get norah nit nurse in before the bar even gets off the ground!!!!

Gagagran Mon 04-Aug-14 13:57:48

Oh Bo you surely know that shampoo is the nickname for champagne?

Hope the ladies facilities are now done to your satisfaction - I've put some pong-reliever spray in there. On second thoughts maybe that would be better in the gents?