Gransnet forums

Chat

Don't laugh, I've just found out what 'customise' means

(29 Posts)
POGS Wed 01-Oct-14 12:58:50

Being a computer genious confused. I have spent hours of wasted time following threads, 2 ruddy years plus.

I am a happy bunny I now start at the end, is that the right term it sounds so odd.

Anymore 'tips' from any of you clever GN's. I don't think I am alone in being a bit of a computer virgin.

kittylester Wed 01-Oct-14 18:42:50

Don't talk about 'the other place' jings.

If you are using a lap top and the thread doesn't 'bookmark' or you have forgotten, just press the little button that says 'end' and it shoots to the bottom of the thread or page. Home does the opposite!!

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 01-Oct-14 18:45:24

Yes. I know. But it's good information for the others. #gettingbigheadednow

grin

dustyangel Wed 01-Oct-14 18:55:58

I'm a complete techno numpty. Couldn't be bothered to learn before I found GN. I had had three lessons of the sort Granjura describes at the UK library. But only because I dont't like the idea of being illiterate in any way, or be thought of as an elderly old ...lady. grin
Finding GN made such a difference and I found the instructions easy to follow.Does that mean I think like GNHQ? hmm
Now I've only got the problem of being too slow for an Ipad. By the I've bookmarked from the beginning and it suits me.