Gransnet forums

Chat

Engineers

(79 Posts)
janeainsworth Wed 12-Nov-14 22:54:57

"Arguing with engineers is like wrestling with pigs in mud. After 3 hours, you realise they are actually enjoying it."

Anyone else married to one?
Engineer, that is wink

Katek Fri 12-Dec-14 23:20:03

Another engineer here....DH is a mechanical engineer by training but works in the oil industry as a quality assurance engineer. He's quite a long way up the spectrum and generally prefers things to people. We also have the garage, two sheds, a summerhouse and dd's garage full of 'stuff' that may come in useful. Little does he know I have plans for the summerhouse next year!

pompa Sat 13-Dec-14 08:01:53

"Little does he know I have plans for the summerhouse next year!"

He has squatters rights - a man needs sheds. Engineers need sheds AND a workshop. I've taken over the shed, garage, summerhouse (winter storage), the conservatory, occasionally the kitchen, spare bedroom, and occasionally the dining room table.
I wish I could post pics here, if you saw my friends 1/3 scale model plane in his lounge (fuselage) and playroom (wing), you would not complain.

gillybob Sat 13-Dec-14 08:29:40

I am very fortunate in that having our own small business together with a small factory and workshop (in the next town yippee) means DH can hoard all his bits of crap keep all his bits and pieces together in one place. The factory also has numerous work benches. Some on wheels, some fixed, some folding, some not.... Tool boxes, tool cupboards, tool belts, tool shelves, tool clips, tool hangers, not to mention the tools themselves.

I mean how many drills does one man need? I tell you that man has more drills than I have handbags!