Gransnet forums

Chat

Rail cards

(31 Posts)
ninathenana Mon 02-Mar-15 15:13:08

I have today received 2 senior rail cards which I ordered on line for the princely sum of £0 grin
They were bought with Tesco vouchers and will save us 30% on each ticket bought.
Posting incase anyone isn't aware of this. Although GN's are a pretty savy lot.

ninathenana Wed 04-Mar-15 17:46:08

"rubylady* I had a confirmation e-mail then the actual card arrived in the post two days later.
Very efficient.

rubylady Wed 04-Mar-15 22:27:11

Thank you for putting this on about the cards on Tesco site. I have, eventually done it, although I did get the little SD card stuck in the computer when I thought I had put it in the SD card adapter. My DS wasn't very happy about it I can tell you when I told him earlier and he had to get it out by cutting down two Q tips as nothing else would fit in the gap, not even tweezers! angry

All done now though and card should arrive shortly. Yeah! Cut price travel for me and my doggie for the summer. Thanks ladies. flowers

MrsBoot Fri 06-Mar-15 19:21:44

My local authority also gives a choice of bus pass or Senior rail card but if you want both, the bus pass is still free and the rail pass has a 20% discount (they give you a code to use when applying on line for the rail card). If interested then it's worth applying to your local council as you also save 30% on your train fares.

Milly Fri 06-Mar-15 19:57:25

You don't have to shop at Tesco to get this Rail Card. You can buy it for £30 from the Booking Office at your local station, no form to fill in, just hand over your £30 and give your name and the nice chap makes out the card and then takes the first discount off the ticket you are then buying.

ninathenana Sat 07-Mar-15 00:40:22

The point of the post was that if you use your tesco vouchers it's free. So for £30 worth of vouchers DH and I saved ourselves £60.