Gransnet forums

Chat

When it comes to obtuseness...

(61 Posts)
thatbags Wed 15-Apr-15 06:52:01

...MrBags is up there with the champs. After a 4010 start, I'm just back from accompanying him to Glasgow Airport (so that I could drive the car back). On the way he was fidgeting with his coat while driving. Then he said: "Have you got your phone with you?"
Me: Yes.
Him: Can I have it?
Me: Then what would I have?
Him: My iPhone.
Me: Where is it?
Him: On the bed.

Then followed a conversation of my phone lock pin as he'll have to switch it off on the plane, and talk about the ocntact addresses he needs which, naturally, are on his iPhone. Blah, blah.

Who else, like me, would just have said: "Blast! I've left my phone on the bed. Can I borrow yours?" right at the beginning?

pompa Fri 17-Apr-15 20:49:32

May I ask who's job it was to check the tide tables before you set out ?

vampirequeen Sat 18-Apr-15 09:04:09

I don't drink alcohol, Pompa. I have to admit that I am totally spoilt by my DH. He's not emasculated. In fact he's an Alpha male.

pompa Sat 18-Apr-15 09:07:53

Apologies for suggesting you had too many wine, musts have been strong brew then.
That's just how a man should be, look out for his loved one (while she quietly ensures he has his phone etc.) smile

pompa Sat 18-Apr-15 09:09:41

BTW. Mrs. P thinks I've pushed my luck too far and she will give me a real kicking rather than a virtual one. grin

newist Sat 18-Apr-15 09:37:33

pompa He looked out the window and said "there's plenty water now even for you"

vampirequeen Sat 18-Apr-15 09:49:56

No need to apologise, Pompa. I know I'm odd not drinking. It's not that I have anything against it. I just don't like the flavour. I used to add lemonade to wine but that upset a friend because I was contaminating a good wine grin

I'm not very good at being drunk either. I don't get happy. I just fall asleep no matter how loud the music or where we are blush

vampirequeen Sat 18-Apr-15 09:54:24

My dad had a very high power job. His PA did everything to make sure his work life ran smoothly and my mum did everything to make sure his home life ran smoothly. I think I just learned my behaviour from my mum. I do everything I can to make DH's life smooth. He on the other hand was dragged up (in the worst case you can think of) and is very self sufficient which leads to our only source of conflict which is when I want to look after him and he wants to look after me grin

NotTooOld Sat 18-Apr-15 10:44:49

vampirequeen, that sounds like a very good situation to be in. My DH is very keen to look after me at the mo as I am only 6 weeks post op after a THR. This is great and I know I am lucky but I have to keep reminding myself not to exert my independence too much! I am going to start training him to let me go up and downstairs on my own as from next week. smile

loopylou Sat 18-Apr-15 13:09:01

You're not odd not drinking vampirequeen!
I rarely drink alcohol mainly because after an eggcupful I'm tiddly hmm DH used to say I was very cheap to take out - if I open a bottle of wine nowadays it would go off long before it was finished........or I use it for cooking.

How lovely to have such a caring DH too!

pompa Sat 18-Apr-15 13:17:38

Newist, I think DH was a bit rash there, cooked his goose. I admit there are occasional moments when us guys get it wrong smile