Gransnet forums

Chat

What games do you play?

(32 Posts)
Humbertbear Tue 28-Apr-15 09:10:08

We are not great games players. Other than Scrabble and Ma Jong we don't really indulge. We've just been to stay with friends and they introduced us to Bananagrams ( where you make crosswords with letter tiles) and Triominoes ( like dominoes but with triangular tiles). We quite enjoyed these and want to find something to play when they come to stay with us. All recommendations welcome!

ginny Wed 29-Apr-15 08:30:31

We do play board games with DGS and as a family when we gall get together. However three of our favourite games are are 'Taboo' 'Pass the bomb' and 'Uno' which is a card game.

Sheena Wed 29-Apr-15 18:51:44

I love playing Scrabble and Rummikub...but no one to play with sad.. my hubby won't play..he hates board games !

Gagagran Wed 29-Apr-15 19:26:37

I play scrabble on-line free Sheena. I have to warn you though that it is addictive!

Humbertbear Sat 02-May-15 09:00:06

Lots of suggestions, thank you. I would like to add that we bought the children some games in The Works at Christmas . They were reduced to £2 each and are great fun. One has a 'track' rather than a board and miniature shopping trolleys that you push round while collecting your shopping. The other involves mermaids and jigsaw pictures in hand mirrors. I didn't buy any others because I thought they couldn't be much good at that price. Just shows how wrong you can be. I will be back there in December!

shysal Sat 02-May-15 09:27:52

For adults and children together we play Tell Me. Plenty of scope for rude words for the DSs!

shysal Sat 02-May-15 09:29:33

That should read 'DGSs'!