Gransnet forums

Chat

School shoes

(76 Posts)
Iamgran81 Wed 24-Jun-15 09:09:05

Granddaughter 13 is getting into trouble over her school shoes.
She wears black shoe zone ugg style boots
The school states all black footwear do I don't see the issue

ninathenana Wed 24-Jun-15 16:31:53

grin grin Nellie
DH's cousin has made shoes for royals. He's now semi retired but works for a bespoke bridal shoe maker, and at the local college assisting students to make their designs into actual shoes. So every colour but black now.

Anne58 Wed 24-Jun-15 17:19:06

kitty doubt if we are going anywhere this year, nice or not! No holiday since May 2005 shock

However, Mr P is the proud owner of a Blue Peter Badge, which means he can get into places like the Pencil Museum for FREE !

As long as he has a grown up with him......................

HildaW Wed 24-Jun-15 17:47:58

We PAID to get into the Pencil Museum!!!!

loopylou Wed 24-Jun-15 18:23:11

I'm not sure where my BP badge is, might be useful sometimes smile
I do have my D of E Award gold badge somewhere.
phoenix come on holiday with me, DH's procrastinations re: a holiday, ANY holiday, are leading towards him ending up under a new patio somewhere grin

Anne58 Wed 24-Jun-15 20:11:02

loopy Lovely offer for which I thank you smile But to misquote the Bard (and probably many others) "Oh but I could !"

Main reason for lack of holidays is that MR P is a self employed, 1 man, limited company, who only earns when working, i.e no paid holiday, sick pay etc. Even though we both love spending bank holidays together, we have to bear in mind that it does have an impact on income.

Plus that our last holidays went like this:

A week in Bavaria over Christmas week, 2003: Flights & accommodation paid for, plus £500 spending money.

A week in Umbria (May 2005) particularly non touristy part of Italy. Flights and accommodation paid for.

Another week in Bavaria, September 2004 this time, still warm and sunny enough to get a tan/sunburn, flights and accommodation paid for.

Those were the days!

Judthepud2 Wed 24-Jun-15 20:41:56

You lot are hilarious grin grin grin

rosesarered Wed 24-Jun-15 20:47:43

The pencil museum! yes, I don't doubt it exists in Devon or Cornwall, there is also a pilchard museum (what!) and a barometer museum there too.I think I would prefer to watch the paint dry on Newist's house as well.

loopylou Wed 24-Jun-15 20:58:58

DH self employed too phoenix hence very limited holidays too.
Having agreed we need one he's now dithering and I fear it won't ever happen if I don't pin him down to making a decision!
As you can tell his idea of a holiday isn't the same as mine hmm

loopylou Wed 24-Jun-15 21:00:54

I was thinking something similar rosesarered.....
Now the Witches Museum in Boscastle was well worth visiting (before the deluge obliterated it, has it been rebuilt?)

NannyGoat12345 Wed 24-Jun-15 21:09:33

Iamgran81 - FFS not this thread again, take your grandchildrens' black school shoes, be they Uggs, Shoe Zone or Primani and put them up your derriere! Thank you and goodnight.

newist Wed 24-Jun-15 21:26:10

The House of Marbles, at Bovey Tracey is well worth a visit, I bought my cutlery there

kittylester Wed 24-Jun-15 21:57:33

Can I come to watch newist's paint too if I promise to take my tablets first!

Bellanonna Wed 24-Jun-15 21:59:36

The Fan Museum at Greenwich is quite interesting

grrrranny Wed 24-Jun-15 22:03:11

kittylester of course you can come and if they are keeping you calm type tablets you had better take a double dose because the excitement level may be excessive. Perhaps we could get a mini-bus and make a day out of it.

Ana Wed 24-Jun-15 22:03:46

Quite interesting....I'm underwhelmed...grin

grrrranny Wed 24-Jun-15 22:08:44

Mini-bus could take us to pencil museum, House of Marbles and Fan museum as well. I think we wouldn't have time to take in any shoe exhibitions or museums though unless we made it a weekend away and we wouldn't want to miss any of newist's paint.

newist Wed 24-Jun-15 22:10:04

The ferries will be on strike, which could make it a tad difficult

Bellanonna Wed 24-Jun-15 22:12:15

Oh, the excitement of it all. I need some of Kittylester's tablets I think...

grrrranny Wed 24-Jun-15 22:14:48

newist do you not want us to come? We could bring our own sandwiches. We could hire a rowing boat as well.

newist Wed 24-Jun-15 22:23:09

OH yes please, you will all be made welcome, I do have a kayak called Tinkerbell, which can be used. grin

Bellanonna Wed 24-Jun-15 22:26:04

Oh no, I'd be seasick

grrrranny Wed 24-Jun-15 22:36:27

Hmm - Kayak sounds good except kittylester and I both live in the middle of the country and Bellanonna gets seasick. I think this may need a little more planning not to say perhaps some sponsorship from an international company - Jimmy Choo? Canals to the sea then... Don't think we would have enough anti-excitement pills. Could you hold back on the painting for a year or two?

newist Wed 24-Jun-15 22:42:05

If it doesn't stop raining we will have to

Anne58 Wed 24-Jun-15 22:55:36

I could bring a trifle, mind you, would need something to keep it level in transit. After all, no-one wan's their custard slopping about, never mind the whipped cream and toasted almonds.

Anne58 Wed 24-Jun-15 22:56:29

Oh, forgot to ask, has the shoe troll lady gone away?