Gransnet forums

Chat

There is a heatwave arriving in the next few days................ ...

(59 Posts)
kittylester Sat 05-Sep-15 11:39:37

because we have turned on the central heating and I have put my (mostly unworn) summer clothes in the wardrobe in the spare room.

So remember - it's me you will have to thank when you are basking in beautiful warm sunshine next week! grin

Auntieflo Tue 08-Sep-15 22:34:00

Been lovely in Berks today. Central heating not on, wrong, only the bathroom radiator so we have nice warm towels

Lupatria Tue 08-Sep-15 19:43:03

lovely and warm here in dorset today although it's clouded over a bit tonight. the weather's good up until friday but then the weekend is going to be horrendous as is next week.
could do with some sunshine however - i've still got things to do in the garden which were delayed by the rain during the summer.

Nelliemoser Tue 08-Sep-15 18:59:44

The sooner the better. It was really warm this morning but by tea time I was freezing. I broke my wool jumper out from the summer vacuum bag and put it on.

rosequartz Tue 08-Sep-15 18:37:19

tanith the latest pronouncement by the Met Office is that they need an even better and more expensive computer to be able to predict more accurately.

If Carol had phoned me this morning I could have told her how cloudy and cold it was here - just where she was showing lovely warm sunshine

kittylester Tue 08-Sep-15 15:53:44

jellybeanjean, I wish you hadn't mentioned toe nails! We really do need a finger down the throat emoticon!

tanith Tue 08-Sep-15 15:19:54

No heatwave here either its cloudy and rather chilly, no sign of long sunny periods we were promised by Carol Kirkwood on Breakfast this morning... what a disappointment.

jellybeanjean Tue 08-Sep-15 14:37:10

Sunny and warm here in Christchurch, Dorset. In fact, when I was toenail cutting in an airless, triple-glazed sun room a couple of hours ago, I was praying for the next ice age.

kittylester Tue 08-Sep-15 14:25:52

There's no pesky heatwave here! sad

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 08-Sep-15 13:09:22

Same here! hmm

boulding2 Tue 08-Sep-15 12:30:43

Hubby says no heating just put a jumper on its not that cold!!

hildajenniJ Mon 07-Sep-15 20:26:49

How right you were kitty. I went for a walk this afternoon, up a rather steep hill, looking for a photo opportunity. I was rather hot and bothered when I got to my photo spot. I had on my fleecy sweater, In think I was rather overdressed. Anyhow, here's the photo I took. By the way, I was only half way up the hill.

Judthepud2 Mon 07-Sep-15 20:20:49

Coolgran just noticed you come from the same part of the world as me! Did you see any sun today? I didn't. Drizzled most of the morning envy of the English GNetters!

Lona Mon 07-Sep-15 15:32:20

thanks!

Lona Mon 07-Sep-15 15:31:41

It's glorious here today, thank kitty sunshinesunshinesunshine

grannylyn65 Mon 07-Sep-15 15:28:14

I just have socks, my shoes would'nt fit if I had seasonal socks!!

BlackeyedSusan Mon 07-Sep-15 14:03:57

of course there is a heat wave. children have gone back to school. grin

Hattiehelga Mon 07-Sep-15 13:58:57

Fingers crossed for next week in North Wales. Would love to feel the sun on my back and wear short sleeves just for a week.

kittylester Mon 07-Sep-15 13:31:26

It's a pleasure! grin

Fi1701 Mon 07-Sep-15 13:27:18

Kittylester thank you thank you thank you. Whatever you do don't take your summer clothes back out xx

jack Mon 07-Sep-15 12:17:37

I have just changed out of trousers, t-shirt and cardigan into a little cotton sundress (bought earlier this year in a Spanish market). It is beautiful here in Dorset. Not a cloud in the sky. So it's lunch in the garden today (wasps permitting) and possibly a swim in the sea this evening. We have to grab every gorgeous moment.

PS: Despite the above, we have switched the central heating on so we wake up to a relatively warm house and get ready for bed without lengthy discussions about frost pockets. So much better than last week's vile weather when it was cold, wet and cloudy.

Kayteeb53 Mon 07-Sep-15 11:43:06

Was in Turkey week before last, 36 degrees, and now I am so cold I am wearing my hand knitted wool socks. Return to some warmth would be appreciated ��

tanith Mon 07-Sep-15 11:08:55

Its just beautiful here in West London I'm in shorts and enjoying a little time outside, cleaning up the bird feeder and cleaning and filling the bird bath..

I'll take an Indian Summer even if its only for a few days.. bring it on..grin sunshine

henetha Mon 07-Sep-15 10:00:15

Yersterday was a perfect day on Dartmoor with bright sunshine and a clear blue sky. I took a picnic and it was heavenly up there.
Today is lovely too! I feel one hundred percent more cheerful than I did last week. How long can it last though? I'm poised between putting summer clothes away.... or not.... ?

EastEndGranny Mon 07-Sep-15 09:51:56

Not always noted for my optimism I just can't believe that, after the past few weeks of weather that we've had, we won't have an Indian Summer! Not packing my summer clothes just yet.

loopylou Sun 06-Sep-15 20:26:58

Just wondering the same, blast it's!

Think I'll err on the side of caution, might stay fine if I don't!