Gransnet forums

Chat

Dishwasher tabs

(36 Posts)
Alea Wed 16-Sep-15 21:54:40

I have always bought the "best" all singing, all dancing i.e.all in one tabs/blobs for my dishwasher, assuming they were the best for the machine and for results.They always seem to be "on offer" in whichever supermarket which mitigated the extortionate price. £ 12 for 30 or so, ridiculous! Anyway this week found I was almost out, and shock horror they were not on special offer in Waitburys - so silly price. As I am on a bit of an economy drive I settled for the "own brand" - £4 for 30.
Any good? Brilliant cleaning, and as I use salt and rinse aid as well, I do wonder why I have let myself be ripped off all these years.
Other views?

tigger Fri 18-Sep-15 10:48:50

Aldi are supposed to be the best as recommended by "Which"

Shazmo24 Fri 18-Sep-15 12:15:40

I use Tesco everday brand of dishwasher tablets. Have never had any problem with them...don't scrape off food or anything.
£1.60 for 30 tabs

annsixty Fri 18-Sep-15 12:16:07

Just back from Aldi and they had their own (Power Force ) rinse aid. Large bottle £1:49. Hooray. It was with the salt on the end of one of the "odds and sods aisles""

brawlass Fri 18-Sep-15 14:53:38

have used Aldi tablets for ages and always had good results even on a "quick" wash, live in a soft water area so often don't use rinse aid.

GrandmaH Fri 18-Sep-15 18:06:42

Tried Sainsburys own brand & they always left film on glass so went back to Finish.
I do use rinse aid too do it wasn't that.

Nanajaws Fri 18-Sep-15 20:17:21

We always buy the cheapest own brand All in One tablets, and use no extra salt or rinse aid, and despite living in a hard water area, our dishes are always great. Always used to add salt and rinse aid, but now think they are a waste of money in our machine - we do have quite a new machine (about a year old) so don't know if that makes a difference.

Julieangell Fri 18-Sep-15 20:38:04

I use lidl W5 Classic Tablets, Lidl rinse aid,and Lidl W5 salt
Dishes are lovely and clean and no smears on glasses
All cheap

TwiceAsNice Sat 19-Sep-15 00:12:08

I never use the expensive ones. Either Aldi, Waitrose eco zone or Asda own brand , all equally good and a fraction of the price.

JanT8 Sat 19-Sep-15 17:54:01

Definitely Aldi Magnum, does the job brilliantly and at a fraction of the price of popular brands. And Good Housekeeping recommend them!

nannypink1 Sat 19-Sep-15 21:03:57

I just use the Aldi all in one. Fabulous n no need for salt or rinse aid.