Gransnet forums

Chat

Secret Christmas present

(58 Posts)
rosesarered Mon 23-Nov-15 09:53:27

What would you choose? this present may be bought for you by anyone, DH SO partner, friend, DD etc.They will never know, so feel free to be honest, but keep it within their real spending power( even though you may want a diamond necklace or a rolls.)DH alawys wants to buy me a surprise present for instance, so I never say what I really want.
This year I would like...... A dozen red half opened roses with ferny foliage
( not called roses for nothing!)

Cath9 Wed 25-Nov-15 14:35:56

a brain that can tell you straight away what the rest in the family want!

gillybob Wed 25-Nov-15 14:59:20

I love Dobbies too jings Its the only place where I can get my Mrs Bridges Chilli Jam.

Marmight Wed 25-Nov-15 15:11:53

I would like an electric bike or, failing that, a handsome, erudite young man to accompany me to places and events I no longer go to now I am single [sigh]
Dobbies can be expensive, be aware! I only found out last week that Tesco owns it shock. I recently bought a furry stag's head wall hanging, complete with felt antlers (I know, daft thing, but the gc's like it) in Dunelm for £9.95 and Dobbies are marketing the very same for £20 shock

Parsleywin Wed 25-Nov-15 15:35:14

I am wishing (and not for the first time!) that I was a Woman of Wealth. I hope it doesn't sound corny, but I have so enjoyed reading all your varied secret desires - big and small - and would love to have the financial and practical means to make those gifts appear. Ah well, I hope the thought will count!

portiatrue Wed 25-Nov-15 19:36:25

A huge jo Malone candle please!

jan727 Wed 25-Nov-15 21:34:17

I would choose a hard-back copy of Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy my favourite book of all time.

NathalieMartin Thu 26-Nov-15 11:53:23

I'm in desperate need of some new comfy pyjamas, and I've dropped this hint plenty to my husband so hopefully it'll get through to him at least on a sub-concious level. As for the rest of my family, I like the random assortment of bits, books, and bobs I get each year, so I just let them do their thing.

I don't normally advise people buy me clothes as I'm very fussy, but I wouldn't mind a halter dress from Anna Scholz either:
www.annascholz.com/online-store/dresses/evening-dresses.html

From my co-workers, our secret santa gifts this year have to be under £10 so I wouldn't something from this list:
www.red5.co.uk/christmas-gifts/secret-santa-gift-ideas.aspx

Apart from that, I'm totally with Portiatrue! I love Jo Malone candles, some more Yankee Candles would also be very welcome. My house is now covered in these scented candles, who knows what it used to smell like!