Gransnet forums

Chat

Feeling down now-wish I'd made arrangements for tonight now.

(42 Posts)
Katek Thu 31-Dec-15 21:42:52

I was perfectly happy to stay at home and go to bed this evening - I've been been frantically busy for weeks, asthma not too great because I'm tired, DH also had upset innards over past two days so common sense prevailed. Then I watched an old recording of Edinburgh Tattoo with massed pipe bands and now I'm miserable. Half the family is 100 miles north and the rest are 70 miles south. Feel like jumping in car and heading south to surprise them at midnight but know I'd be shattered. Couldn't even stay as they're having big party so all rooms spoken for. Why did I have to be sensible??

Elrel Thu 31-Dec-15 23:34:13

All good wishes to everyone, wherever you are, for a Peaceful, Happy Healthy 2016!

grumppa Thu 31-Dec-15 23:47:07

Oops, forgot to mention the Bendicks Mint Selection.

italiangirl Thu 31-Dec-15 23:56:55

Thought I would find a few gransnetters here Oh a party pooper dragging his heel about the cinema and then only film he would see was booked solid other cinema website frozen wasn't hungry so take, out scuppered seemed able to consume the ready meal carp film on tv so decided to retreat to bed and my warm duvet and a cup of tea has improved my evening 2016 imagining to be,more,selfish and plan better .IT's a,relief not to feel alone.

grumppa Fri 01-Jan-16 00:14:02

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

baubles Fri 01-Jan-16 00:23:05

The massed pipes get me every time Katek.

I forced myself to stay downstairs till the bells even though DH has been encouraging me to take my cough to bed since 9 o'clock. Now waiting for the fireworks to stop so I can go to sleep.

Happy New Year to one and all.

Maggiemaybe Fri 01-Jan-16 00:26:31

Happy New Year, all of you! I hope 2016 is kind to all of us and brings us peace, health and happiness smile

whitewave Fri 01-Jan-16 00:29:23

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! Just into bed.

Cleaning Mothers house tomorrow - oh joy! Oh well, ever onward.

WilmaKnickersfit Fri 01-Jan-16 00:41:54

???Happy New Year to you and yours! ???

It's 2016 NOW!

rubylady Fri 01-Jan-16 04:44:28

Happy New Year to you all, you lovely people.

grumpa You won't be able to move when you get back up after all that! grin

I was feeling a bit off so I did one of my new jigsaws, (rock and roll eh?) "Trip to the Seaside". Put me in mind to book my first holiday break seeing as I got some backpay yesterday and a break would be a lovely thing to look forward to.

I hope it is a good one for you all, thank you for all your help and counsel over the last year, I really do appreciate it. I will try better not to be so moody this next year. smile

Jane10 Fri 01-Jan-16 07:14:16

Happy New Year all. We had a mixed night -one 2 year old had soaked his bed (modern nappies!), fireworks aimed at the building, very upset cat, distressed 4 year old and resultant grumpy grandad! All in a Grans days work. Just got to keep them occupied until mum.and dad collect them oh and make a festive lunch for us all. 2016 starting with a bang. Roll on slump in front of TV this pm.

grannylyn65 Fri 01-Jan-16 09:06:08

sad

italiangirl Fri 01-Jan-16 09:23:14

Happy New year to you all .

Charleygirl Fri 01-Jan-16 09:46:21

Happy New Year to all. The fireworks started around dusk but I could hardly hear them. Rather different at midnight- there appeared to be 5-6 different fireworks parties with the resultant bangs. Tara my cat was not impressed and would not settle down. Luckily it all stopped at 12.30am or maybe they ran out of money because it cannot be cheap to do.

I have won £1- I will have to think long and hard how I will spend this money. Maybe it is the start of better things to come, premium bonds next week. I will let you know if/when I have won a million- I will not be moving.

Luckygirl Fri 01-Jan-16 11:33:30

Glad that you are feeling chirpier now Katek! smile

Grandma2213 Sat 02-Jan-16 00:31:18

Happy New Year everyone.

OK so it's now day 2 but haven't had a chance before. Spent the day cooking, washing (every day!), keeping clear space on the floor with 3 DGC here. Kinetic sand is pretty tough to clear out of the carpet! Several fights had to be broken up and I have also had to 'help' make a rocket for 6 year old and a Roman shield for 8 year old homework. DS 2 partner and 2 DGDs arrive for tea tomorrow (today) as well.

New Years Eve 3 DGC were also here and in bed late. I love the time on my own as I rarely happens but NYE has been that way for most of my adult life since my early 20's and I thoroughly enjoy the time to reflect. This year DS was here and dragged me down as he is miserable and sorry for himself at present. BTW I love the fireworks and always go out to watch. Last night also was a beautiful clear sky, half moon and Jupiter. That always makes me realise how insignificant my worries are. The universe is so massive.

Think also of all the poor people who have been flooded this year including the next village to us who have had it 3 times in a few weeks.

Sorry to go on but have just had my second glass of Bailey's to relax!!!

M0nica Sat 02-Jan-16 19:46:27

Happy New Year!

Neither DH nor I were fit to stay up. A week before Christmas I slipped on some wet grass landed on my back and bruised everything from waist to shoulder. DH has got galloping RSI which is exceptionally painful. He has seen the osteopath and bought an RSI recommended ergonomic mouse and keyboard, but as DD said, RSI takes a time to develop and time to heal. We both consumed more painkillers than alcohol over Christmas

Anyway we both kept going through Christmas when DS and family and DD were staying. We had a lovely time, DGC were a joy. However we were also worried about the flooding in York where DS and family live. DDiL's place of employment has been flooded and a family members house came very close to flooding, all their downstairs belongings were upstairs and they had sandbags back and front.

Now they have gone we have both collapsed into a little heap. On New Year's Eve we were both in bed by 9.00pm, well dosed. We had a special lunch on New Years Day and opened a small bottle of Prosecco and raised a toast to the New Year. Things can only get better. (rictus) grin