Gransnet forums

Chat

Cyclist 1 me 0.

(43 Posts)
felice Wed 16-Mar-16 16:04:54

Coming home on Monday evening about 18.00, they are digging up the pavements at the bottom of our street and have barriers providing pedestrian walkways on the road.
Coming out of one of these about to step back onto the pavement and a cyclist coming down the hill towards me had decided he was going to use the pedestrian bit too.
Next thing I am flat on my face in the road.
Told by witnesses that he actually put his foot out and pushed me out of the way.
Then he went around the corner mounted the pavement and pushed another woman out of the way.
Well dressed man in his 40s' according to the many witnesses.
I have huge black eyes and a scraped forehead and nose, superficial injuries, and a footprint shaped bruise on one leg.
The other woman was knocked unconscious and has a compound fracture of her right arm and a broken ankle.
Police were called to the Hospital but not much they can do, no CCTV on that corner.
Why do cyclists think they rule the roads and the pavements!!!
Nothing much else really just needed a wee bit of sympathy.

Charleygirl Wed 16-Mar-16 16:26:14

felice that is appalling- you were so lucky to end up with bruises and scratches but no broken bones. I assume that this was in France and not over here? Not that it could not happen over here. With luck he will fall off his bike in the path of a lorry but my sympathy for the driver of the lorry.

pompa Wed 16-Mar-16 16:31:58

Don't think that has anything to do with being a cyclist, he is probably a rude arrogant pig in all walks of life.

Marmight Wed 16-Mar-16 16:34:02

B* * * * * d! Let's hope the police can find him through the witnesses. Seems you came off a bit better than the other woman! I hope you are not too sore and you feel better soon and don't feel too stiff. Cyclists think they rule the roads as well as the pavements these days. It infuriates me when they ride 3 abreast (with their wiggly lycra-covered bottoms up in the air) not allowing anyone to pass. flowers

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 16-Mar-16 16:34:19

Bloody hell Charleygirl! That's a bit harsh! shock

I'm quite surprised at this. The continental countries always seem to have the cycling so well organised. Horrible for you felice. flowers

felice Wed 16-Mar-16 16:38:03

In Belguim, and the cyclists here really do all think they are in The Tour de France, some awful sights in Lycra.
I think what shocked the witnesses was the way he pushed us out of the way.
SIL sometimes drives an HGV and they are the bane of his life.
I can only see a bit out of one eye and it is really wierd, things just are not where I think they are when I go to pick things up.

grannylyn65 Wed 16-Mar-16 16:57:59

flowerscupcakewineflowers

Galen Wed 16-Mar-16 17:02:16

Sympathy

harrigran Wed 16-Mar-16 17:02:36

That is terrible felice, hope you feel better soon flowers
Where DD lives in Brussels there is a footpath that used to be a railway line, cyclists use it as a personal track, I once had close encounter with one of these cyclists.

Lona Wed 16-Mar-16 17:02:50

That's really shocking felice flowers

shysal Wed 16-Mar-16 17:05:20

Appalling felice! Hope you recover quickly and that he gets caught and prosecuted.flowers

Indinana Wed 16-Mar-16 17:12:33

Oh my God Felice, how awful for you. What an absolute bas***d. I seriously hope the police manage to trace him or he gets his comeuppance some other way. With any luck someone will be close enough next time to stick their foot out and bring him down. Pig angry
I do hope your injuries he quickly and you're not too shaken up by this. Have a stiff drink or three this evening smile

Indinana Wed 16-Mar-16 17:13:39

heal not he

M0nica Wed 16-Mar-16 19:21:51

felice I am so shocked to hear of your accident. I hope you make a good recovery. flowerswine

Jalima Wed 16-Mar-16 19:30:38

What a vile man! I do hope that you have been checked out medically too, felice, and I hope they find the bast**d cyclist who did this and charge him.
flowers

Charleygirl it is never these aggressive people who get injured, they just cause accidents and injury to other people.

annodomini Wed 16-Mar-16 19:37:29

It's all been said, felice. What a horrid thing to happen. I do hope you feel better tomorrow and continue to heal. flowers wine cupcake

baubles Wed 16-Mar-16 19:56:50

Vile man. Heal soon felice flowers

Bellanonna Wed 16-Mar-16 20:04:36

Really shocking. So agree with you charleygirl. I feel the same.
Please make a good recovery felice

ffinnochio Wed 16-Mar-16 20:06:29

Appalling behaviour. Hope you feel much better soon felice flowers

SueDonim Wed 16-Mar-16 20:32:37

You have my sympathy. Some years ago I was sent flying when a cyclist ran into me as he rode his bike through a railway station! No broken bones but I had cuts and bruises everywhere from my knees to my face and mouth. My 6yo dd was with me and she just screamed her head off in fright, poor thing, to see me lying on the ground, covered in blood.

There was one funny side, in that an old lady who came to help me knew the person who'd hit me and was threatening him by saying she'd be making sure his mother heard all about it and then he'd be for it, because she wouldn't be pleased with his antics! I almost, but not quite, felt sorry for him.

I loathe cyclists now and if ever there's one anywhere near me, I'm a nervous wreck.

I do hope you feel better soon. Arnica tablets and ointment can help with the bruising. flowers

MiniMouse Wed 16-Mar-16 20:34:49

How awful felice sad I shudder to think what kind of person he is.

felice Thu 17-Mar-16 09:28:49

Thanks everyone, I got a nice phone call from the Police last night asking how I was and as he probably uses our road most days they intend to keep a watch there for the next couple of days.
I look like the Lone Ranger at the moment, with a sort of black and blue eyemask.

Luckygirl Thu 17-Mar-16 14:03:17

Arrogant pig indeed! Let us hope they track him down before he does more harm.

Indinana Thu 17-Mar-16 14:24:13

Oh I do hope the police manage to catch him felice! Please keep us updated.
Hope you're feeling a little calmer today - just try to avoid any mirrors wink

Anya Thu 17-Mar-16 14:33:17

You poor thing. Hope you get better soon.

What a horrible man. As Pompa said, it's nothing to do with being a cyclist, he's probably just as nasty on foot. I do hope they catch him and he gets what's coming to him.

flowers