Gransnet forums

Chat

DD escapes injury in crash

(32 Posts)
MiniMouse Wed 16-Mar-16 19:04:59

How horrific Tegan Thank goodness your DD is unhurt. I'm sure the 'what might have been' will be whirring in her mind, so I hope that the shock will not affect her too badly. flowers for you all

Tegan Wed 16-Mar-16 18:23:47

It's just been on the news....

Tegan Wed 16-Mar-16 17:45:13

Thank goodness she's ok.

TriciaF Wed 16-Mar-16 17:42:18

What a frightening experience - glad your daughter is ok and good for her that she gave all the right help.
These vehicles with loaded trailers are so unstable. We see many here , double trailers loaded with tree trunks. When they turn or swerve the load often sways over. I keep a distance from them.

granoffour Wed 16-Mar-16 17:29:49

Oh Luckygirl, thank goodness she kept her head and did all the right things. What an awful thing to witness. flowers

grannylyn65 Wed 16-Mar-16 17:27:27

How truly awful. Loads of hugs and flowers

Luckygirl Wed 16-Mar-16 17:25:46

My poor DD has just been here for some TLC. She was waiting in a side road to turn left onto a main road and another car was waiting to turn right into the same road. Before she could move out, a large landrover with a trailer full of sheep crashed into the car waiting to turn right - the trailer overturned and crushed the waiting car; another ran into the back of it all, spun round on its roof and ended up on its wheels but crushed.

My DD rang 999 and set everything in train, checked that there was no major bleeding anywhere (she has just done a first aid course thank goodness) and managed to get a couple of children out and care for them in her car.

The road leads to a nursery so there were several little ones involved, and a pregnant mother.

By some miracle, after cutting people out of the cars, only one man had a broken leg - the ambulance service said it was beyond belief that no-one was killed.

If DD had moved forward by a matter of a yard she would have been right in the middle of this. She is very shocked and needed mother hugs and lots of reassurance that none of it was her fault.

It is a fine line between life and death.