Gransnet forums

Chat

Is it the 1st of April already ?

(45 Posts)
tiggypiro Wed 23-Mar-16 22:52:56

In The telegraph today ............'Tracy Emin declares she is not alone after her 'marriage' to a large stone in France'. Apparently she has married a large ancient stone wearing her father's white funeral shroud !! I'm not sure whether it was her or the stone wearing the shroud but I guess it was the stone !

I rest my case.

Synonymous Fri 25-Mar-16 14:04:19

objeone yes it is sad whether it is to try and stop loneliness or even as a publicity stunt. Poor woman.

Synonymous Fri 25-Mar-16 14:02:26

Is her dad dead or is he just making advance purchases in a well prepared sort of way? confused
I suppose that would be the 'something borrowed' then.

obieone Fri 25-Mar-16 13:13:48

How sad to "marry" a stone to try and stop loneliness.

Galen Fri 25-Mar-16 12:49:25

It's the right shape anyway. Condoms could be a problem though ( visible or invisible)

rosesarered Fri 25-Mar-16 12:16:18

Wow! Elegran ........ Good pic, and they say that size doesn't matter! grin

Jalima Thu 24-Mar-16 23:05:22

Coughing again Imperfect, just before I go to bed!! lol

Maggiemaybe Thu 24-Mar-16 20:18:28

Good Lord, apparently she was the one wearing her father's shroud shock I don't think I want to know how she got hold of that!

I have a grudging admiration for TE. She had a tough time as a teenager and I could see where she was coming from with the bed and the tent embroidered with the names of everyone she'd ever slept with (probably a bit embarrassing for some of them grin). I remember her staggering in drunk as a skunk to a very stuffy live television debate about modern art - she certainly enlivened it up. I think her parting shot was something like "Get this effing mike off me. I want to be freeeeeeeee. I want to see my mum". Made me laugh anyway.

Imperfect27 Thu 24-Mar-16 20:10:05

Wonder who proposed? I heard that TE was bold, but he was boulder ...

Imperfect27 Thu 24-Mar-16 20:07:26

Sorry for making you cough Jalima grin. This thread has been so funny!

Jalima Thu 24-Mar-16 19:48:37

But did anyone ask if there was any lawful impediment why these two should not be joined in marriage?

Ana Thu 24-Mar-16 19:45:12

Well, 'ancient' sounds quite old enough! grin

(although of course he could be suffering from dementia...)

Jalima Thu 24-Mar-16 19:43:16

Was he a consenting adult? shock
If not, it could be illegal

Auntieflo Thu 24-Mar-16 19:40:51

Did anyone ask 'the stone' what he thought about all the publicity? I presume it was a he. Has he had therapy? especially as lots of GN'ers are about to roast him and make him lie on TE's extremities. smile

Jalima Thu 24-Mar-16 19:33:28

smile

Elegran Thu 24-Mar-16 19:30:14

rosesarered A photograph of the groom (Eddystone)

Jalima Thu 24-Mar-16 19:25:03

As John MacEnroe said memorably:

'You can't be serious!'

Jalima Thu 24-Mar-16 19:24:29

everyone grin

Well, she has got us all talking and given us some mirth!

rosesarered Thu 24-Mar-16 19:10:11

tiggy that's what I thought at first, it's the Edstone!

Luckygirl Thu 24-Mar-16 19:07:21

When I was working I was commissioned to work on a photography project with a group of elderly ladies. They each chose the subject of their project and one of them, slightly tongue in cheek, wanted to photograph her unmade bed - it was just at the time when T Emin was in the news because of hers. The final photograph was hysterical - she had even borrowed some condoms from her GS to put on the bedside table.

annodomini Thu 24-Mar-16 18:49:30

When we were kids we had stone hot water bottles in our beds... grin

GillT57 Thu 24-Mar-16 18:45:36

Bonkers. While I can sort of see the point of and admire the thought and skills involved in Damien Hirst's pieces, I honestly don't get Tracy Emin at all. I did hear an urban myth once that Saatchi's cleaning lady had hoovered and tidied it all up when he bought it......grin. I can just about grasp some conceptual art but a teenage bedroom littered with dirty laundry, fag ends and take away boxes is not exactly unique is it? Every blinking hall of residence in the country has got lots of them.

tiggypiro Thu 24-Mar-16 18:37:02

Just a thought ................ it couldn't be Ed Milliband's stone could it ?

Kittye Thu 24-Mar-16 18:23:26

Had a hot stone therapy on a cruise once. Wonderful but very expensive!

Jalima Thu 24-Mar-16 18:22:43

am now

Jalima Thu 24-Mar-16 18:22:15

Imperfect I lol so much I now am having a coughing fit grin