Gransnet forums

Chat

On a lighter note

(43 Posts)
Nonnie1 Fri 20-May-16 10:43:42

I love the advert on the TV where he says 'there's no veneer in 'ere' I like the older guy as well. They are like a double act.

I detest the one where she smells her hair and music plays. I want to throw a brick at the TV

Any more for any more ?

Ladies ??

Linsco56 Fri 20-May-16 11:11:13

From years and years ago...the Daz doorstep challenge and more recently WeBuyAnyCar.com that b****y tune stuck in my head all day!

harrigran Fri 20-May-16 11:15:08

I never watch TV adverts, absolutely everything gets recorded and fast forwarded.

GandTea Fri 20-May-16 11:19:50

I'm with you there Harrigran, especially since we got BT TV. Four clicks on the fast forward button bridges the adds.

fiorentina51 Fri 20-May-16 11:42:19

I usually record and fast forward but I do sometimes catch an advert. Can't stand that daft woman sniffing her hair.

loopylou Fri 20-May-16 11:46:21

Moneysupermarket drives me mad, as do most other adverts 😖😡
I cannot recall ever being influenced to go and buy a product advertised on TV, but I guess there must be some people who do!

Daddima Fri 20-May-16 11:51:11

I am sad to hear Jarvis Cocker doing voiceovers for Sainsbury's. I'm not a big telly watcher, but that on is on every ad break on ITV catchup ( Judge Rinder!)

Badenkate Fri 20-May-16 12:46:33

I loved the gorilla playing the drums in the Cadbury advert some time ago - but that was the music probably. There's also one with 3 bridesmaids which has a great music track, but I've no idea what it's advertising. Generally they just wash over me and I couldn't tell you what I've seen.

Nonnie1 Fri 20-May-16 12:50:03

I like Rngo Starr but he really let me down with the advert for sketchers. It ruined my opinion of him.. I mean a rock star wearing comfortable shoes??

I adore the Meerkats. I really believe they exist smile

Jane10 Fri 20-May-16 13:27:40

The meerkats are brilliant. Of course they're real!
Many years ago I used to sing DS to sleep with his favourite tune which was an advert for a garage. I still hum it sometimes. Bet the place closed years ago but the advert lives on!

Indinana Fri 20-May-16 13:47:24

The thing I hate - not an advert exactly - is the flippin' dachsund on Sky News when they do the sports roundup. "It's much easier if you go under", aagghh!!! I want to strangle that bloody dog angry. But I guess it's not the dog, who's actually quite cute, but whoever is doing the voiceover that drives me insane. Perhaps I'll find him and strangle him grin

grannylyn65 Fri 20-May-16 14:07:45

Money Supermarket
Direct line with that awful man 😡
Wowcher ( eat properly for heavens sake!)
secret escapes
travel lodge
many more

Indinana Fri 20-May-16 14:16:49

Oh yes, Secret Escapes - that irritating woman!

Maggiemaybe Fri 20-May-16 14:31:17

We usually fast-forward through, so rarely see them. And when we do see them, we rarely understand them!

Maggiemaybe Fri 20-May-16 14:33:56

Though I do feel I now need to search out the one with Ringo advertising comfy sandals shock

Oh, I've just remembered - I do like the cinema advert for home insurance with the little girl cavorting around causing chaos to Tiny Dancer. She's the little granddaughter I may never have grin

Maggiemaybe Fri 20-May-16 14:37:22

And the cinema advert with the big brother sticking up for his little brother against the bullies (Coke or Pepsi or something). Now the little grandsons I have may grow up to be them - DGS1 aged 3 is already sticking up for DGS3 aged 14 months [insert doting nana emoticon here] smile

Nandalot Fri 20-May-16 14:56:22

All the advertising for betting online and gaming online.

jusnoneed Fri 20-May-16 16:10:02

I like the one for an easy clean paint (cannot remember the name so it didn't work well lol) with the children making a mess on the walls. One with lipstick another with football. The fourth one, little chap who has smeared his drink all over it - his mum tries to look angry at him and then he bursts into laughter, followed by her. Always make me smile.

Charleygirl Fri 20-May-16 18:22:41

I used to loathe the Esure advert with Michael Winner. It has put me off it totally.

GandTea Fri 20-May-16 18:30:05

I am one of the Money Supermarket anti's.
BUT, and a big but, you remember the ad, and that was exactly what they wanted. DOH.

Greyduster Fri 20-May-16 19:29:24

I hate most ads (although there are some very funny ones on radio sometimes) but I do like the Alice Cooper golfing ad for the Apple Watch. Alice Cooper and golf seems very a incongruous pairing but he is a very keen golfer.

JackyB Fri 20-May-16 20:20:08

And his Dad was a pastor.

I like food ads - they really make the food look delicious. Which is what they're supposed to do.

phoenix Fri 20-May-16 20:23:01

"It's so much fun with Toffifee"

What is? It's just a sweet for heaven's sake, surely not enough to get a ridiculously good looking family gurning maniacally whilst sitting together on a sofa (is that the only item of upholstered furniture they have, surely at least one of them might prefer an armchair?)

Apologies to any of you who might have ridiculously good looking families that are currently undergoing a furniture shortage.

tinaf1 Fri 20-May-16 21:16:42

One with Chris Akabuser can't even remember what it's for now all I can rember is it's cringeworthy

numberplease Fri 20-May-16 22:01:50

I`m another Money Supermarket hater, especially the latest one, with both idiot blokes in it, it`s not funny, it`s verging on obscene.
I love the Meerkats, of course they`re real, I have 2 of them on my shelf!
I also like the baby milk ad, can`t remember the brand, where the babies are all laughing their socks off, they`re brilliant!