Gransnet forums

Chat

What goes around comes around

(28 Posts)
Badenkate Sun 22-May-16 17:28:45

Chatting to my elder DS on the phone today, he mentioned that his eldest DS was doing gardening as a 'punishment' (eldest GS is 14). So I asked what he'd done. Apparently, his bedroom was in a terrible state, dirty clothes hidden in the wardrobe, under the bed etc. It was difficult - but I managed to keep a straight face! When I told DH, his comment was 'I remember when DS was 14, I don't think you could get in his bedroom!'. It's worth waiting for come-back time smile

Mildred Thu 26-May-16 11:53:14

When my son moved to his flat, it was brand new he invited us down for lunch, he had a glass table and placed a coaster under my drink, I was speechless (didn't last long). My daughter is very competitive and it was difficult for her to learn to lose gracefully but she did and she is now teaching her son that he cannot win every time nor is cheating the way to win as no one will play with him, she seemed surprised that when we said he gets it from her and did she not remember that she used to embezzle money when she was the banker in Monopoly and we used to check under the rug to find her stash and the Scrabble board flying through the room when she was losing.

Stansgran Thu 26-May-16 12:41:35

I do remember taking a pile of laundered and ironed clothes into DD2 s room and it was a tip. So I just tossed the clothes up into the air they fell to earth I know not where but her face was a picture .