Gransnet forums

Chat

Why would reducing future numbers of immigrants to levels of numbers of the 1990's be such a problem?

(56 Posts)
obieone Thu 07-Jul-16 07:12:26

Is it because immigrants that are here[legal or illegal] want their relatives here too?

GracesGranMK2 Thu 24-Aug-17 12:41:11

This is not 'chat', it should be in News and Politics.

GracesGranMK2 Thu 24-Aug-17 13:31:10

So many students choose degrees that they fancy are topical,or they see as an easy option, rather than researching the job market to find subjects that are in demand.

That is simply not true GrandTea.

GracesGranMK2 Thu 24-Aug-17 13:33:10

And people say that there is nothing we can do to stop asylum seekers

Who says, Petra?

petra Thu 24-Aug-17 16:06:22

It will be interesting to see what happens in the eu parliament today.
It doesn't look like Poland is going to back down on Germany's , oh sorry, I meant the eu's demand that they take their share of migrants.
The trouble is poor Poland took the kings shilling and possibly didn't realise there was a price to pay: to be dictated to.

Nelliemoser Wed 11-Oct-17 07:36:18

Who would do all the farm labouring fruit and veg packing etc that is currently done by EU migrants? The things some Brits regard as immigrant jobs.

I might just suggest that a lot is work Brits CBA to do.

As it happens a lot of this work is in East Anglia which has always been the area where British market gardening is done. Near where I live there are a lot of EU citizens working in food packing for super markets on shift work basis. Who else would do this and what would the food retailers do without it?