Gransnet forums

Chat

Ooooo, I'm definitely going to......

(34 Posts)
Kateykrunch Fri 12-Aug-16 17:52:20

Have a treacle sandwich before the weekend is out, yum lol.

rubylady Sun 14-Aug-16 14:55:22

Thank you Willow, I will do. smile flowers

Swanny Sun 14-Aug-16 15:10:27

Just demolished two cupcakes with lashings of butter icing on top. Made them with DGS after he told me they were his favourites - what he neglected to say was he only liked the topping! Sent some home with him for mum and dad but I couldn't chuck the last ones in the bin, now could I? They looked and tasted far too sweet grin

I can remember as a child being given sugar sandwiches for tea - no wonder I've had such poor teeth ...

Tizliz Sun 14-Aug-16 15:58:01

Cherrytree59 you want one of these www.lakeland.co.uk/7542/E-Cloth-Glass-Window-Cleaning-and-Polishing-Cloth?gclid=CLaAreOUwc4CFaoy0wodm4wNhw&src=gfeed&s_kwcid=AL!49!3!106725449909!!!g!42887480424!&ef_id=V6WtYAAAARxtt7l4:20160814145454:s sorry for the untidy link.

I use this on my black microwave and it really works.

KatyK Sun 14-Aug-16 16:11:15

Tizliz I have one of those clothes. It was given to me with my new black and white kitchen. I have no instructions. Do I need to wet it?

shysal Sun 14-Aug-16 16:47:01

I have well and truly fallen off the low carb wagon this weekend. Yesterday I had potato and bread and today I bought a pack of toasting waffles, which I like with butter and honey or golden syrup.blush

annodomini Sun 14-Aug-16 17:37:47

Have a chunk of baguette and butter with my healthy Greek salad. Waitrose had baguettes reduced to 22p this afternoon. I could hardly ignore those, could I?

M0nica Mon 15-Aug-16 10:25:57

I always recommend cookers with black drip trays because the dirt doesn't show (its the slattern in me)

I restrict my treacle consumption to licking the spoon when using it in cooking. I love cleaning off the black treacle spoon when I make my Christmas cake and puddings. So enjoyable because it is an occasional treat.

I used to love treacle on hot toast as a child, but then I also liked sandwich spread sandwiches.

Tizliz Mon 15-Aug-16 12:35:20

KatyK no don't wet it, wipe over the area first with a damp cloth and use the e-cloth for polishing. They can be used wet but seems pointless as you can't polish with it - I have two so that when one gets damp I can use the other (this is for the once a year event when I clean the glass on all our pictures).