Gransnet forums

Chat

Enjoyable "addictions&quo t;...

(72 Posts)
thatbags Thu 15-Sep-16 08:03:48

...that you feel you should but don't want to cure.

Like a handful of Skîttles with your early morning coffee (the second mug thereof). I also had half an apple and a Very Nutty flapjack—one of the famous Bags-made ones; see recipe section—with the first mug.

It's not strong coffee: prolly (I love that word!) a third as strong as most people make it.

Neversaydie Thu 15-Sep-16 13:10:41

Reading
Gardening
Singing
Walking

Peaseblossom Thu 15-Sep-16 13:11:39

Prolly. Terrible word. I like proper words and I hate text speak. Don't you mean pedants? Pendants is something you wear round your neck! grin

Indinana Thu 15-Sep-16 13:28:13

'Pendants is'? If we're being pedantic here, shouldn't that be 'Pendants are'? wink

thatbags Thu 15-Sep-16 13:31:24

Nobody's perfect, gillybob wink. I don't say "prolly", only enjoy it on Twitter when other people use it to keep their character count within 140.

maisyann Thu 15-Sep-16 13:37:43

Car boot sales I become hunter gather supreme purse with small change bags bottle of water sweets and a sharp eye. I analyse the seller going for 1 off seller's with v clean cars and a whiff of OCD about them. Husbands who would rather be on the golf course are the best they just want to be packing up and will give stuff to you free and make up the differance to wife when they get home. The bargains I get all wood quality clothes and toys and books for Gk. I find being polite giving eye contact means easy to bargain. Coffee and double egg and mushroom roll for lunch = happy bunny.

annodomini Thu 15-Sep-16 13:51:32

Double choc chip cookies

Ebay

Ana Thu 15-Sep-16 13:58:20

Wouldn't 'probly' work just as well and sound less...affected? Or would people just think the Tweeter couldn't spell? grin

Stansgran Thu 15-Sep-16 14:09:09

Sewing quilts
Four cups of tea from the teapot too Gillybob
Fry's Turkish Delight not the real stuff
Looking at embroidery on Pinterest

millymouge Thu 15-Sep-16 14:09:59

My dogs.
Books (must stop buying them)
Material for quilting
Crisps (try not to buy them because I just eat them, but then I don't do chocolates)
Smoked salmon
Anything savoury (Oh dear I sound an awlful pig)

Linsco56 Thu 15-Sep-16 14:28:57

Awww gillybob why did you score through the 4 glasses of wine? Just doesn't seem fair to me! ?

Elegran Thu 15-Sep-16 14:38:54

Tools and materials for almost any art or craft. They have in them the potential for all kinds of wonderful creations. All I need do is take them out and actually get cracking . . . oh and learn how to do that craft too.

Magicmaggie Thu 15-Sep-16 14:42:42

A daily lemonchelio icecream from Iceland (to cool me off).
Charity shops. I really love them, and rarely go into one without buying something.
A few weeks ago I came out with a ukulele, but after three weeks trying to learn to play the darned thing via ytube, gave up and took it back to the shop to resell to some other clueless prat.
I've now re-discovered knitting and have been buying up lots of different coloured yarn, so it's now knitting shops that I can't avoid. ?

Helena1 Thu 15-Sep-16 14:55:24

Satationery - I love my notebooks and pens...

kittylester Thu 15-Sep-16 15:01:13

Tea made with leaves from a China mug.
2 glasses of chilled white wine while cooking dinner

Legs55 Thu 15-Sep-16 15:06:12

books - have quite a stack to read

cheese - any type except Danish Blue (should only eat small amounts due to Diabetes, so I wait a few days & eat larger amount)grin

Smoking - only 5 per day, I know I should give up but I gave up Alcohol last October so not in the right frame of mind to give up another pleasure.hmm

chocolate - very good quality dark chocolate, on it's own or with chilli or ginger or mint or lime -oh any dark chocolate - milk chocolate doesn't agree with me smile

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 15-Sep-16 15:09:11

I'm the same as fffin. Can't go a day without letting in some fresh air.

Apart from that, books. Just get so miserable when I'm between books. I think I need that 'hiding place'.

grannyqueenie Thu 15-Sep-16 15:58:09

Yes, sigh I do know the difference between pendant and pedant, sadly my typing kindle doesn't! "Prolly" has been part of our family vocabulary long before Twitter ever tweeted, after one of the children incorrectly mispronounced probably. Language changes and evolves all the time, that's not necessarily a bad thing.
Nice one Indinana wink
Maybe the addiction I should really be giving up is this thread, there are jobs to be done! smile

lizzypopbottle Thu 15-Sep-16 16:00:34

Butter is one of my weaknesses. I like it on a Warburton's crumpet, preferably enough to run down my chin. For health reasons, I allow three small morsels of the crumpet for my dog.

I also love Yeo Valley Greek style natural yogurt with half a tub of pomegranate seeds and would eat it every day if I didn't fast two days a week.

I have a weakness for dress fabrics but rarely finish anything.

lizzypopbottle Thu 15-Sep-16 16:01:52

I also wish I could give up being a slob. If only there were an injection....

marionk Thu 15-Sep-16 16:03:23

5 is a better number gillybob, always an odd number, looks more natural in the garden and I'm sure it could well be applied to chocolate, wine etc grin

shandi6570 Thu 15-Sep-16 16:19:57

Olives are my weakness, especially with wine. Then of course, there's chocolate, cheese and tomatoes, oh I love tomatoes..........the list could be endless.

Mardler123 Thu 15-Sep-16 16:20:08

Good afternoon that bags. I would love to develope an addiction to those very nutty flapjacks, where/how can I get the recipe please?

thatbags Thu 15-Sep-16 16:24:03

mardler, the recipe is here. Hope you enjoy! smile

Mardler123 Thu 15-Sep-16 16:25:29

Sorry about that redundent e.

inishowen Thu 15-Sep-16 16:35:57

Charity shops! Hubby used to call them flea shops now he calls them hobby shops. There is hardly a day when I don't go into one. Today I got a lovely top, half price because it's the end of the summer stuff. I am going to Tenerife in December so I will wear it then. I also love tea and toast, plain crisps, and cheese. (All bad for my gallstones)