Gransnet forums

Chat

Enjoyable "addictions&quo t;...

(71 Posts)
thatbags Thu 15-Sep-16 08:03:48

...that you feel you should but don't want to cure.

Like a handful of Skîttles with your early morning coffee (the second mug thereof). I also had half an apple and a Very Nutty flapjack—one of the famous Bags-made ones; see recipe section—with the first mug.

It's not strong coffee: prolly (I love that word!) a third as strong as most people make it.

Nelliemoser Thu 15-Sep-16 08:34:57

Tea drinking. My hot water bottle. Buying bargain plants.

PRINTMISS Thu 15-Sep-16 08:44:20

The third biscuit with my afternoon cup of tea.

Christinefrance Thu 15-Sep-16 08:51:25

Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate

ffinnochio Thu 15-Sep-16 08:54:08

Opening windows first thing in the morning, regardless of the weather ... apart from lashing rain. Even when the heating's on have to have a blast of the fresh stuff.
#lovefreshair

thatbags Thu 15-Sep-16 09:02:33

Love it, ffinn. One of my friends and I used to do that when we entered classrooms at school. When we were pupils.

Greyduster Thu 15-Sep-16 09:09:16

Two biscuits with my coffee sitting in bed first thing in the morning catching up with Gransnet. I need to be able to cure myself of the two biscuits!!

Wobblybits Thu 15-Sep-16 09:12:45

Three biscuits ??

grannyqueenie Thu 15-Sep-16 09:19:31

"Prolly" I love that word too, bags, pendants of the gransnet world just cover your ears!!! Some linguistic mutations are just right, innit!
I've come back from holiday 3lbs heavier than than the 2 stone overweight I already was.....so I need to give up chocolate, cake, wine and live on fresh air for the rest of my life...such fun !

Teetime Thu 15-Sep-16 09:21:07

TV I'm sorry to say!!!

Nonnie Thu 15-Sep-16 10:04:29

Temptation - as Oscar Wilde said!

POGS Thu 15-Sep-16 10:16:18

Charity shops. Pruning and Dead Heading plants. Watching far too much tele. Making notes and lists. Eating too many potatoes. Swearing like a trooper. blush

Give um up, nah, I would have nothing to moan about.

Hmm, add to list Moaning grin

Lona Thu 15-Sep-16 10:16:29

Mine is Gransnet of course, closely followed by tea and biscuits! Why would I want to give them up? wink

Craftycat Thu 15-Sep-16 10:47:04

2 cups of tea before I get out of bed in the morning (I love my tea maker machine!)
A couple pf glasses of wine in the evenings ( only 3 evenings a week usually)
Chocolate & cheese ( not together but I could not choose which I prefer)

thatbags Thu 15-Sep-16 10:49:00

I've just indulged another of mine for my second breakfast after an hour or so's hedging: rough oatcakes with butter, a smear of jam and a slice of Cambozola. It was elegran who introduced me to that cheese. minibags calls it "that gooey cheese that goes well with strawberries".

Sometimes I have strawberries instead of jam ?

POGS Thu 15-Sep-16 10:56:58

Be careful thatbags you will need bigger knickers by Xmas. grin

gillybob Thu 15-Sep-16 10:57:02

Surprised to hear you love the "word" prolly thatbags given that in a previous thread you said that you were

a pronunciation snob. Actually, no, I'm a stickler for articulation

I actually had to look it up as I have never heard of it.

Very sloppy. wink

moxeyns Thu 15-Sep-16 11:17:34

Books! My to be read pile is becoming epic.

Elegran Thu 15-Sep-16 11:24:33

Our American visitors were once talking about the many varieties of cheese available here, far more than they were accustomed to. I said I liked Cambozola, and joked that the name was an EU one - made up of Camembert and Gorgonzola. They asked "What is Camembert? What is Gorgonzola?" Unfortunately they weren't here lomng enough to introduce them to all three, let alone any of the other varieties.

gillybob Thu 15-Sep-16 11:25:51

I really should get a grip on my addiction to 4.

It seems a safe number.

4 squares of (very dark) chocolate.
4 crab sticks
4 packets of crisps
4 cups of tea
4 glasses of wine

Lilyflower Thu 15-Sep-16 11:29:02

Really cold butter on my rolls, toast, scones and buns. My DH has gone away for work for a few days and I have sneakily put the butter dish in the fridge. It's coming out rock hard and I am having to slice it. Lovely!

MadGrandma Thu 15-Sep-16 12:35:43

Tea brought to me in bed by my DH every morning.

Chocolate (in any form but especially Maltesers!).

Cross stitching - it's taken over the small bedroom with fabric, patterns and threads. I'll either need to live to be 500 to finish them all or have them buried with me in a pyramid and hope the Egyptians were right about the afterlife!

Alima Thu 15-Sep-16 12:44:08

A Mars Bar each and every day without fail. Been thus for well over 40years. If I need to go on a diet I work the MB into the calorie total. Simples.

starbird Thu 15-Sep-16 12:56:54

Cheese, sometimes I melt it in the microwaveand spread on my Ryvita (note that I eat healthy food!), scrumptious! I have recently started adding a poacjed egg. Or i have a handful of nuts and cheese with an apple or grapes, or eat cheese in a hot buttered roll, or on crumpets.
My other addiction is chocolate, currently it is twirl bars which are only 50p. I intend tp eat one stick and save the other but always eat both of course.

Indinana Thu 15-Sep-16 13:05:45

Anything to do with sewing! I'm what's known in sewing circles as a fabric whore. I just can't resist it. I can't walk past a fabric shop without popping in and buying some - thankfully fabric stores are a bit thin on the ground these days grin. But then there's always the internet! And of course I always buy several lengths at once because, after all, I have to justify the cost of the postage, don't I? blush