Gransnet forums

Chat

Enjoyable "addictions&quo t;...

(72 Posts)
thatbags Thu 15-Sep-16 08:03:48

...that you feel you should but don't want to cure.

Like a handful of Skîttles with your early morning coffee (the second mug thereof). I also had half an apple and a Very Nutty flapjack—one of the famous Bags-made ones; see recipe section—with the first mug.

It's not strong coffee: prolly (I love that word!) a third as strong as most people make it.

ninathenana Thu 15-Sep-16 16:40:34

I've read all through this thread and thought oh, I'm very fond of
cheese
Tea
Breakfast cereal
Playing solitaire on my Kindle
I think the only thing I'm addicted to.......is you lot !! grin

Aslemma Thu 15-Sep-16 17:18:07

Can you hang the pronounciation pendants on a bracelet or should they go on a chain round your neck. On the other hand, perhaps the poster meant pedants. smile

janeainsworth Thu 15-Sep-16 17:24:20

I'm just about to indulge mine and start cooking with wine wink

annodomini Thu 15-Sep-16 17:28:29

Have I really been in 'pendants' corner' all this time?

suzied Thu 15-Sep-16 17:29:24

I am a fabricaholic as well, but when I need something for the next project I always seem to have to go and buy some more. That and a chilled glass of Chablis, Sauvignon or Pinot Grigio.

angsw Thu 15-Sep-16 17:44:48

Tea, lots of it, croissants, Bridge at club or with friends, Funbridge online, books, untidy piles around the bed to be read,
Sofa time with son watching boxset/Netflix series with cat all over us, with tea...

NanKate Thu 15-Sep-16 17:51:57

Plain nuts, except for peanuts. Yeo Organic Bio Yoghurt. Strong coffee.

gillybob Thu 15-Sep-16 18:01:24

Oh I love my tea from the teapot too stansgran you can't beat it. I find the pouring very soothing and it makes me feel (almost) sophisticated.

I couldn't possibly admit to drinking 4 glasses of wine Linsco56 the other Gransnetter's might think I'm a drunk. grin

I agree about the odd numbers for displays marionk but have you ever tried to break off 5 squares of chocolate? Almost impossible or is that why you suggested it? hmm

Crumpets lizzypopbottle yummy. I have to buy the skinny own brand ones or they won't fit in my toaster. Still have loads of real butta though.

gillybob Thu 15-Sep-16 18:04:09

Have just thought of another addiction. Handfuls of almonds every time I step into my pantry. HD put a wonderful automatic light in for me so as soon as I open the door the light comes on and shines on the shelf where the little blighters live so it's not my fault

gillybob Thu 15-Sep-16 18:04:59

I probably should move them to another shelf....

Elegran Thu 15-Sep-16 18:06:26

Anno Have you been just hanging around, and not sticking your neck out?

Stansgran Thu 15-Sep-16 18:26:36

Gillybob try M&S pikelets . They toast beautifully and drip butter down the chin as well as any crumpet. And with honey.....

Lewlew Thu 15-Sep-16 18:34:10

Sainsburys chocolate and hazelnut ice cream cones. 365 days a year. If they take them off the market, I will have serious withdrawal problems. They are so scrummy and totally dirt cheap! One every evening after my bath when tucked up with some good reading. Heaven. smile

ffinnochio Thu 15-Sep-16 18:46:58

Ah yes, J - a hiding place. Couldn't do without that. Hadn't thought to call it that, but it aptly describes my addiction need to disappear for a while, in whatever form it takes. Vital. smile

oldgoose Thu 15-Sep-16 19:27:12

I like this thread.

my enjoyable addictions:-

a chocolate bar after lunch.
A pile of new books to read
Taking a whole afternoon to tread the charity shops
Making little bits and pieces on my sewing machine (bunting etc)
Waking up very early, and making myself a cuppa and taking it back to bed along with 3 rich teas and my current book
Watching TV - especially 4 in a bed, Holby City and Eastenders
WRiting and receiving long emails from my friend
An online game called Wordmaster - totally addictive

Sheilasue Thu 15-Sep-16 20:59:39

FB and toast and marmalade with a cup of chai tea.

Judthepud2 Thu 15-Sep-16 23:21:50

Candy Crush, Frozen Free Fall and Bloom the Big Buds on my iPad
A glass of wine every evening with my dinner
Green and Blacks dark chocolate with ginger
My dog
Gransnet
Life would be worthless without these little addictions ☺️

Ilrina Thu 15-Sep-16 23:58:20

Strong Coffee in the morning and again after dinner. Chocolate and cheese the smellier the cheese is the better I like it. World of Warcraft, play about 4 hours a night, but before you judge me...I don't watch the TV.

gillybob Fri 16-Sep-16 01:35:07

I have added pikelets to my shopping list stansgran thankyou. Assuming I am right in thinking they are the skinny crumpets?

thatbags Fri 16-Sep-16 07:47:09

I have a nephew whose childhood nickname was Pikelet.

Im68Now Fri 16-Sep-16 08:05:25

ploberly comes from our 3 year old GD, as in " Its ploberly going to rain ! They grow up so quick.

We must be unbelievable sad, we go shopping and stand just looking at whats on display, we just can't decide what we want to eat.

In the mornings we drink lots of tea and in the evenings we drink lots of wine.

Soon be Christmas and that's a Turkey dinner smile