Gransnet forums

Chat

Royal visit

(68 Posts)
BiNtHeReDuNiT14 Sun 25-Sep-16 15:36:39

Did anyone else feel nervous whilst watching Kate exit the aeroplane as it landed in Canada?
My heart was in my mouth as I saw her coming down those steep steps in heels whilst holding Charlotte in one arm and holding onto George with other one. It was a really lovely scene all the family together...but one slip. I know she is young and very fit, but I know when I exit an aeroplane I am hanging on for dear life as I find those steel steps a nightmare. Is it just me?

grannypiper Fri 30-Sep-16 15:34:33

George and Charlotte look lovely, i cant stand it when parents dree their little boys in "here comes trouble" t shirts or their little girls like tarts.

Grannyknot Fri 30-Sep-16 17:28:37

There are some amusing photo-jokes doing the rounds, here's one.

LullyDully Sat 01-Oct-16 17:05:09

I can't get over how Charlotte looks like the Queen.

pensionpat Sat 01-Oct-16 17:08:23

I thought that too Lully Dully.

Jalima Sat 01-Oct-16 17:09:53

Yes she does, but without the Shirley Temple curls

GKvery funny!

tanith Sat 01-Oct-16 17:20:16

I agree Charlotte does look like the Queen, I just wish George didn't have to wear those tight shorts they are very dated surely there is something they could put him in that didn't make him look so old fashioned compared to all the other little boys in shorts.
I know he is 'different' but I can just imagine him years to come looking at those photos and saying 'what the hell have a I got on'grin

DanniRae Sat 01-Oct-16 17:46:06

That's the first thing I said when I saw yesterday's photos of Charlotte - that she looks just like the Queen! I bet the Queen is delighted if it's acknowledged in the Royal Family.

SueDonim Sat 01-Oct-16 18:07:31

I'm glad it isn't just me who think Charlotte looks like the queen! grin

I saw a baby boy of 12mths today dressed just like George. In fact maybe even more old-fashioned - he had on a shirt with a knitted sleeveless pullover on top.

Marmight Sat 01-Oct-16 19:15:02

I think Charlotte looks very like the Queen's niece, Sarah (Armstong Jones) at the same age. George is the spit of his maternal Grandad, Michael Middleton. I don't mind the clothes. Whatever they dress him in will be criticised by someone.

Jane10 Sat 01-Oct-16 19:27:56

Quite right. They are lovely little children. Its nice to see them but its good that they aren't overexposed to the media (us!) Kate and William seem to get it right.

Jalima Sat 01-Oct-16 19:43:11

SueDonim I think those sleeveless pullovers are very trendy now, and the clothes George and Charlotte wear are so much nicer than some of the cheap trash that is around these days.
tight shorts? look better than those horrible baggy things made out of sweatshirt material that are popular nowadays, and Next sell a version of the classic George shorts.

tanith Sat 01-Oct-16 20:22:44

I'm not for one minute suggesting that he wears 'trash', a nice pair of linen chinos would be better than whatever those red shorts he had on were made of they looked almost knitted/stretchy material, awful but I agree Next sell some lovely boys clothes.

Jalima Sat 01-Oct-16 21:13:12

Oh, I have only seen those little blue shorts, not seen the red stretchy ones

Deedaa Sat 01-Oct-16 22:24:18

I wish Charlotte's hair wasn't clamped back with that slide. My mother used to do my hair like that 60 years ago and I've always hated it.
There was a lovely photo of William cuddling George and they really did look like a normal father and son.

DIORisme167 Sat 01-Oct-16 22:37:25

I think Charlotte closely resembles Sarah AJ. She is supposed to be very sweet. Doubt if Kate thought about what might happen if she slipped. Too busy trying to live up to her title!! Cannot imagine Her Majesty is too enamoured of the trowelled on make-up and simpering ways of Princess Minnie Mouse!

BlueBelle Sat 01-Oct-16 22:53:19

I am surprised they are SO old fashioned in their dress as they are supposed to be modern royals Those blooming black long socks keep getting raked out and the plastered down hair I think you can dress children very smartly in modern clothes they don't have to be Prinark or scruffy jeans There are beautiful boys as well as girls clothes nowadays I don't get it at all they can be classically dressed without seeming trashy The royals supposedly have the best designers and they certainly aren't short of a bob or two

I can't help it I just want to ruffle Georges hair up every time I see a picture of him, and now I ve seen the little one with the same drawn back hair in a slide I want to do the same to her hair

SueDonim Sat 01-Oct-16 23:04:10

Sarah AJ - that's the other person Charlotte resembles! Thanks for that tip off as I knew she was like another member of the royal family.

I agree that George is his maternal GF's imagine.

Jalima I was looking in John Lewis knitting dept this afternoon and they had patterns for tiny pullovers! grin