Gransnet forums

Chat

Is anyone able to recommend a good TV drama series from the past please?

(82 Posts)
Flossieturner Sat 22-Oct-16 21:25:29

My son has just bought be a Kodi box, so I am watching all the old Bake Offs, Brothers and Sisters and Mad Men.

Has anyone else any favourite series that I might have missed.

Alima Tue 25-Oct-16 07:09:37

I am not entirely sure NanKate but you can get them from Amazon. I am going to get one for DH for Christmas as our Freeview recorder box is up the creek. We will work out what to do with it then! (In the blurb it says you can watch sport too. He will be in his element, doesn't really matter what kind of sport!)

DAncer66 Tue 25-Oct-16 14:27:09

Linsco56

Shogun (mini series)
The Thorn Birds
Brideshead Revisited
Tutti Frutti

Great choice. Loved them all. flowers

Jayh Tue 25-Oct-16 16:24:26

I have got a Leel box which is similar, I think. Yes you can get all these programmes and films. Time to get rid of some of Skye. My little box gives me most of what I watch but not so good for live sport and I do like to watch tennis.

nigglynellie Tue 25-Oct-16 16:34:35

For my last birthday DS gave me the complete Dads Army. It never fails to make me laugh and will cheer me for the rest of my life! Family at War, Secret Army, Bergerac,Poldark, round one!!The Pallisers. Anyone remember No Hiding Place? It was a long time ago, but I loved it.

blue25 Tue 25-Oct-16 18:31:15

Six Feet Under
Mad Men

NanKate Tue 25-Oct-16 21:48:32

Jayh I too am a tennis fan. I downloaded a Eurosport app free then buy in a month of tennis when I want it at a cost of about £6.99. If the Tennis is on Sky I use my Nowtv box and buy in a day, week or month. So I virtually have year round tennis at cheaper price price thatn a contract with Sky TV and I haven't had to instal a satellite dish.