Gransnet forums

Chat

Hidden chocolate

(59 Posts)
thatbags Fri 11-Nov-16 08:31:41

I have hiding places for chocolate. With a female teenager in the house, one needs to; I can't be the only one who ate cooking chocolate in my teens when there was nothing else, and who still got blamed by my younger brothers (the blighters!) for snaffling mum's chocolate even after I'd gone to university. They snaffled my dad's brandy as well; he used to win snooker tournaments and the prizes were often alcoholic but he couldn't drink alcohol while he was on phenobarbitone (sp?) to prevent fits after a brain op. Blighters, as I said. Nice blighters wink

Anyway, where have I hidden that bar of Oreo chocolate? I've decided I don't actually like it and that Minibags can have it after all.

GrammaH Sat 12-Nov-16 20:37:01

Not usually that fussed about chocolate & unopened bars of 80% live in the baking cupboard BUT dear husband adores Nadyia's chocolate icing - 50% butter, 50% dark chocolate...OMG, it's amazing, can't leave it alone & I'm supposed to be dieting!

yogagran Sat 12-Nov-16 20:46:28

I must confess that I ate most of the stash of "trick or treat" chocolates before Halloween even started blush

rosesarered Sat 12-Nov-16 22:25:57

This thread has really amused me ( and yes, I do have an emergency bag of Maltesers tucked away) as Mr Roses polishes off any choc left lying around.In spite of insisting that he doesn't have a sweet tooth! In fact, he has a full set.grin

Tennisnan Sun 13-Nov-16 05:47:23

Like the girl in Jacky's office, my husband can sniff out any chocolate anywhere and any other tasty baking ingredients. No good hiding it. So annoying when I finally get round to making choc/pistachio/crystallised ginger bakes, they've gone! ps he leaves the empty packet/paper tho'?

Judthepud2 Sun 13-Nov-16 09:12:22

Pamish grin

Zorro21 Sun 13-Nov-16 13:06:37

Teetime, I'm doing that NHS 12 week healthy living thing too - that's why I was drawn to this chocolate thread. It does work, though I've lost a stone. Kept away from chocolate mainly though.

grannypiper Sun 13-Nov-16 16:52:55

You will fid at least one bar in each of my handbags, it is always such a treat to come across one

Flossposs Tue 15-Nov-16 20:21:26

Real hot-chocolate!