Gransnet forums

Chat

Did anyone see the moon?

(34 Posts)
jordana Mon 14-Nov-16 22:36:36

The moon tonight is to be nearer to the earth and next time is 70 years away. We saw it tonight in South Scotland and it did seem a lot nearer and sort of 3d effect. Did anyone else manage to see it?

Judthepud2 Tue 15-Nov-16 10:52:46

Faye that's a great photo from your iPad! It really shows how bright the moon was last night.

Here's one from DH's special toy!

NotTooOld Tue 15-Nov-16 11:21:11

We saw it in the West Midlands. It was very bright but did not seem bigger than usual.

Nelliemoser Tue 15-Nov-16 13:25:50

I saw it rising pink as we left DDs house at about 5:30pm. We then saw it about 15 miles later to the left of the road, by then it was nothing to write home about.
The year before on that stretch of road it was really big and very pink. The trouble was the road is hard to stop on and we needed to get back home.

Next time I see it like that I am going to stop and take a photograph whatever the evening rush hour traffic is like.

Jayh Tue 15-Nov-16 13:45:15

I saw it in central Scotland when the clouds parted briefly. It was spectacular and the clouds round it looked beautiful as well.

Ginny42 Tue 15-Nov-16 14:32:32

I saw it from the landing through a skylight. I looked up and there it was! Amazing!

aggie Tue 15-Nov-16 15:35:04

I was doing my walk along the landing and the moon was so bright I thought the neighbours had their security lights on !

BlueBelle Tue 15-Nov-16 17:01:53

I saw it briefly it looked a bit bigger than normal but wasn't anything to get excited about will have another look tonight it was pretty overcast most of the night

Lona Tue 15-Nov-16 17:07:00

It didn't look anything special to me either, the full moon always looks good here.