Gransnet forums

Chat

Thank You to....someone?

(33 Posts)
Shanma Fri 25-Nov-16 00:02:02

Hello,
I read a thread here about maybe a week ago, cannot find it now, but somewhere in that thread somebody mentioned " Future Learn". I had a google, and was amazed at the choice of courses one can take, and seemingly free.

I have signed up and started a Digital marketing course for beginners. I write little E Books and publish on Amazon Kindle, they sell only at a trickle, but this with no promotion at all.

I also like to make bags and purses, which I think alot of Ladies on GN probably do too, so I thought it would be fun to have a simple website instead of selling them on Ebay.

I am hoping the Digital marketing Course will help me with both of these things, but if not, it will at least give me something to keep the grey matter active, and should be fun.
So whoever it was that posted...You have my heartfelt thanks smile

Ana Sat 26-Nov-16 18:12:28

Too late now, I've registered in my own name! I thought they'd give you to option of using a different Username if you wanted to, as GN does.

Grandmama Sat 26-Nov-16 18:27:39

I signed up for Mindfulness which I am doing at my own pace. Future Learn is a brillliant idea.

Shanma Sat 26-Nov-16 20:05:27

Antonia, and lew Lew I have sent you both a private message as suggested. smile

Ana regarding the courses I put my real first name and the initial of my Sirname. You can tick a box so that only those doing the course can see it, it wont come up in a general search. I wouldn't worry about that too much, no e mails or anything like that is available to anyone.

Nanna58 Sat 26-Nov-16 20:34:56

Am currently taking a Futurelearn course in paediatric first aid, brilliant course, and free, will be looking to take more.

Tallyann1 Sat 26-Nov-16 23:35:56

Didn't know about FutureLearn.....Thank you!!

GrandmaKT Sat 26-Nov-16 23:56:32

I heard about Future Learn on here earlier in the year and told DH about it (still working full time myself so no time unfortunately). Well - it's transformed his life! He's very his comments on various threads) - so much so that I much into technology and was getting a bit frustrated with lack of like minded people to talk to since retiring. He has done all sorts of courses on IT, Project Management,Smart Cities and also things that he had never tried before such as Graphical Art. He sometimes has three on the go at once! He's always chatting to his "followers" (people who follow sometimes feel I'm at the back of the queue! Wouldn't have it any other way though, another happy (third party) user of Future Learn!

Shanma Sun 27-Nov-16 00:04:12

I am still enjoying my course too, although it is early days, but I am excited that I have had several likes already, and a follower!!

I feel like messaging the follower and saying don't follow me I always get lost smile