Gransnet forums

Chat

Christmas Where you are!

(39 Posts)
Kupari45 Thu 08-Dec-16 13:34:19

Hello Folks, about two years ago I asked you all where you lived. I loved getting the replies and putting a place to a name etc.
Since then we have lots of new Grans join us.
Can we do it again, and tell us how you are spending Christmas.

I live in a village just outside Thirsk, North Yorkshire. If you saw the country vet recently you would see our village.
Just OH and myself for Christmas day this year but the kids are all coming over for Boxing Day. Grumpy OH said oh well I can watch what I like this Christmas day!. Look forward to getting your replies.
Brenda

dogsmother Thu 08-Dec-16 19:16:14

Channel Islands here.
two of my sisters and some of our children and partners will join us sadly no babies yet, would love to have some children but have to make do with the dogs ;)

grannypiper Thu 08-Dec-16 19:23:21

We are in the hills of South Ayrshire close to the Galloway dark sky park so its really easy to spot Santa and the reindeer flying overhead.

Greyduster Thu 08-Dec-16 19:59:41

granjura we had Danish friends when we were serving in Belgium who invited us to share their Christmas meal. I remember the gravadlax and pickled herrings with dark bread, washed down with aquavit (phew!) and then meatballs, roast pork, potato salad, red cabbage and all sorts of other things before you even get to the cheese and the puddings. Hope you enjoy your meal as much as we did! Don't wear anything with a tight waistband!!

Shanma Thu 08-Dec-16 20:14:45

Kupari and Callgirl
I am sorry to hear of your loss, both of you [Flowers]

Shanma Thu 08-Dec-16 20:15:10

flowers

Peep Thu 08-Dec-16 20:34:31

I live in a small village in West Oxfordshire, my son, dil and 8 week old daughter live with me. This year our family Christmas is on 27th. For the first time we will celebrate my son's birthday for the whole of the 25th, burgers are on the menu!

Lisalou Thu 08-Dec-16 21:30:37

We are in Spain. Christmas Eve and day will be a noisy affair with our three children, the eldest's boyfriend, my mother and the dogs! No babies yet, and probably not for a loooong time to come (my eldest is 24 and has no intention of having children at all -at least at the moment, and the other two are 18 and 9, so a long way off)
I believe Boxing Day will be a day of relax, the kids will have gone off to see other family and it will probably just be DH, youngest daughter and my mother. And the dogs, of course

mumofmadboys Fri 09-Dec-16 00:02:59

I am in the Lake District. Our five sons are all home for Christmas. It will be noisy! Hoping for dry weather. Will go to the midnight service and hope to have a good walk on Christmas Day as well as a lovely veggie lunch cooked by one of my sons.

callgirl1 Fri 09-Dec-16 00:38:02

Thank you Kupari, Elaine and Shanma. Kupari I had no idea about your daughter, I'm so sorry.

Kupari45 Fri 09-Dec-16 13:39:07

Thank you for your cheerful replies, I really enjoyed reading them, and hearing how you all celebrate a family Christmas.
Also thanks to Shanma for your kind message of sympathy.

downtoearth Fri 09-Dec-16 13:44:15

We are at home in west Norfolk...family and friends for day smile

M0nica Fri 09-Dec-16 16:51:21

I am in Oxfordshire and will be doing Christmas as usual every year, I love it. Since DS married he and family spend one Christmas with one side of the family and the next with the other. This year on Christmas day there will just be the two of us and DD, which will be very strange because even without DS and family we have usually had wider family or stray friends staying as well. DS etc arrive 2 days later and stay for a week. We will rerun the present opening ceremony with DGC, go to the panto, play games and do quizzes.

fiorentina51 Fri 09-Dec-16 17:08:58

Greetings from Worcestershire. We live in a small market town on the banks of the River Severn. Last year, Christmas was a very quiet afair,just DH and myself and very nice it was too. This year we have family to stay, including grandchildren so I anticipate it being much more lively!?