Gransnet forums

Chat

DH believes in magic

(32 Posts)
DaphneBroon Thu 08-Dec-16 17:45:55

Well he must do, how else could he explain that 3 meals a day magically appear on the table and the pants and socks drawers refill themselves by magic, Christmas cards which he kindly bought 3 weeks ago have miraculously got writing in them, addresses on the envelopes and any day now they will magically walk themselves up the road and jump into a pillar box. His family have mysteriously got presents which have wrapped themselves and are ready to be sent/delivered or given when same family descend on Christmas morning.
Even cups left on the side magic themselves into that big white machine (no he doesn't know what it is either) and somehow there are always more in the cupboard.
Or is it the fairies?
tchhmm

Ana Thu 08-Dec-16 21:08:40

I can't help but think that serious illness and actually 'oldness' does play a part in how some us (and our DHs) react to potentially stressful occasions such as Christmas.

Ana Thu 08-Dec-16 21:11:18

Glad to hear it Daphne! I know new brooms are supposed to sweep clean, but there are limits...grin

Cherrytree59 Thu 08-Dec-16 21:41:03

One of the first threads I posted on GN was 'The toilet roll fairy'
She still visits our house

Crumbs are magically cleaned up in our home.
That fairy since DH retired is on over time
Toast crumbs
Followed by biscuit crumbs
Next the sandwich crumbs
Oh and of course the seasonal mince pie crumbs. grin

Jalima Thu 08-Dec-16 23:08:02

Elegran thanks for the link lol

The DD will love it! (although my SIL is very good - considering!)

Jayanna9040 Fri 09-Dec-16 02:59:17

Mmm but when I once I was minus husband I found that the bin elves ceased to perform, the house did not magically lock itself up at night and for some inexplicably reason nobody put air in the car tyres!

nanaK54 Fri 09-Dec-16 07:11:26

Very good point, my kitchen has been magically redecorated this week!