Gransnet forums

Chat

Presents for grandchildren rejected

(359 Posts)
Happygran1964 Tue 27-Dec-16 14:53:35

Hi everyone! Just on here for s moan really as my eldest son has just phoned me and made me cry because I ruined their Christmas by buying too much for my grandson and granddaughter. I only bought 8 presents each but my son and daughter in law are very controlling with their children and want to approve every present in advance, this year I bought a few extra presents spontaneously and you would think I bought them drugs or something, not Lego and playdough! Feeling really crap now.

Jalima Tue 03-Jan-17 18:00:07

I hope there are no under 10s on GN shock
I just let the cat out of the Christmas bag

Stansgran Tue 03-Jan-17 20:16:41

You mean........? tchshock

Stansgran Tue 03-Jan-17 20:17:08

Jalima how could you?

Jalima Tue 03-Jan-17 20:20:45

I am hanging my head in shame blush

sorry, sorry, sorry, it's not true!
here he is:

www.stnicholascenter.org/pages/who-is-st-nicholas/

Jalima Tue 03-Jan-17 20:22:03

and Rudolph's red nose is true as well (it was on the tv the other evening)
www.livescience.com/25649-rudolph-red-nose-reindeer-explained.html

NfkDumpling Wed 04-Jan-17 07:49:42

Happygran - Profuse appologies! I hadn't known you were the only one really contributing presents. I could only judge by the other GPs I know and the comments of my own DC.

NfkDumpling Wed 04-Jan-17 07:53:57

Thank you Jalima. Its good to know that St Nicholas doesn't actually need a chimney as he seems to be able to just materialise. It's been a concern for one of my DGC!

Jaxie Thu 05-Jan-17 21:34:36

Try not to let it upset you. Until they have grandchildren of their own they can't understand. Rather you are an over- generous grandma than like my late in-laws: stingy to the end.