Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning WEdnesday

(26 Posts)
12Michael Wed 18-Jan-17 06:58:37

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry here with a clear sky as well, over Brackley.
Mick

kittylester Wed 18-Jan-17 07:04:57

Morning Mick, morning all!

It's just a greyish, dry day in North Leicestershire. I am helping on an Alzheimer's Course today and then the school run in Derby. The Derby kitchen is out of action so it's tea out for the children - probably under the golden arches.

And Bertie is 5 today! shock

Enjoy your days everyone! sunshine

Nelliemoser Wed 18-Jan-17 07:17:25

Good Morning All. It just looks dark and damp out there. More of the same old fine drizzle. Which frizzes up my hair somthing dreadful.

Stansgran Wed 18-Jan-17 07:21:21

Morning all. Still grey and dim so I can't tell whether or not to set foot out of doors to bring the milk in. Last night bright moonlight casting shadows.

NfkDumpling Wed 18-Jan-17 07:26:33

Morning All

Frost and clear skies here in Norfolk Nellie! Bloomin' cold! I have to say I prefer it to the drizzle which we had all last week. A really red sunrise though so I'm expecting your drizzle to reach here soon.

Hope to get the rest of the compost heap spread on the garden this morning. And then a nice relaxing afternoon sorting my 'office' area before my new desk arrives tomorrow.

Nelliemoser Wed 18-Jan-17 07:36:40

NFK It's 9deg C here! I have just looked at the forcast for Cheshire for the next 5days. They are still talking about low clouds, fog and mist our side of the Pennines/Peak district.

For only a small country we can get an awful lot of weather in one day.

Nelliemoser Wed 18-Jan-17 07:37:41

Forecast

ninathenana Wed 18-Jan-17 07:48:39

Morning all.
Pink sky and a hard frost in N Kent -2c. I'm glad I've no plans to go out today. D on the otherhand is planning to go for a run ?

ffinnochio Wed 18-Jan-17 07:48:51

Good morning to all from France. Even colder today -❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ It's not even frosty - just a flat, hard,deep cold. Wind chill makes it seem colder. Some sadness has decided to keep me company today, so will stay warm inside and cook up a pot of soup.

NfkDumpling Wed 18-Jan-17 07:52:17

2 degrees now. We're warming up!

NfkDumpling Wed 18-Jan-17 07:54:04

Where in France are you ffinochio? My DD1 has dreams of the Dordogne but imagines it to be balmy all year!

Pittcity Wed 18-Jan-17 08:01:32

Good morning from a below freezing Colchester. Cold and sunny again today. I can live with that.
Usual Wednesday coffee morning in town. There and back is around 10,000 steps!

Nana3 Wed 18-Jan-17 08:08:23

Good morning. Cloudy with drizzle in Lancashire but warm, 10 deg. forecast.
DGD coming for the day, then a meal out with friends this evening.
Happy birthday to your Bertie kitty .
Have a good day everyone.

cornergran Wed 18-Jan-17 08:08:44

Morning All. Still heavy cloud and more greyness in our corner of Somerset. Not my favourite sad. Have booked a breakfast out this morning to cheer us up and energise me for more paperwork this afternoon. Determined to catch up with it. Hope Wednesday is kind to you.

hildajenniJ Wed 18-Jan-17 08:11:14

Good morning everyone,
Drizzle and 6°c in the Tyne Valley. Dog and I have come back to bed. I had a terrible night, much of it spent coughing but I don't have a cold or a cough!
Have a good day everyone.

PRINTMISS Wed 18-Jan-17 08:16:46

Bright and cold here on the south east coast, same as yesterday, and the plan is to stay warm. Enjoy your days.

harrigran Wed 18-Jan-17 08:21:16

Good morning, 10 degrees here in the north east which is sometimes good for early summer grin can't rememeber when we last had a proper winter season.

ffinnochio Wed 18-Jan-17 08:23:07

nfk Right at the top of SW France. We certainly get the Continental climate here! The range of temps are often more extreme than the UK, altho' last winter was very mild and wet. Lots of balmy days in the Dordogne region, but they certainly get winter.

fiorentina51 Wed 18-Jan-17 08:23:38

Good morning from Worcestershire. Grey and misty here. Taking my aunt to the doctors today then off to do a bit of shopping. I can hardly contain my excitement!
Have a good day everyone. ☺

Greyduster Wed 18-Jan-17 08:35:05

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Grey and misty in South Yorkshire and DH has generously given me his stomach bug so I have been up most of the night. I had a hairdressers appointment this morning but that isn't going to happen and neither is tommorrow's lunch and walk with DD. I am confined to barracks ☹️. Have a good day folks.

Rinouchka Wed 18-Jan-17 08:44:54

Good morning everyone.

Crisp, clear and sunny in SW London.
Excited that DD1, a very hardworking NHS hospital doctor in the Lake District, will be visiting for a couple of days, arriving after lunch. We rarely get to spend time with her on her own anymore so it is a very special treat!
Happy birthday to your gs, kitty and enjoy the day, everyone!
ffinnochio hope the sadness dissipates.

annsixty Wed 18-Jan-17 08:57:02

Good morning all.
Dull,dull,dull here in Stockport.
I am having my hair cut early this a.m. and then a friend is taking me out for coffee. I have forgotten what outside looks like so really looking forward to it.
Get well soon Greyduster and all feeling or still feeling unwell.
ffinnochio sadness is my constant companion so I wish you well.

rosesarered Wed 18-Jan-17 09:31:57

Good Morning everybody, bright start to the day here , dry and clear. Am feeling decidedly draughty round the neck though, as had my hair cut much shorter than usual yesterday.
A cleaning day today, if I can summon up the energy, and a walk to my DD's house later on.
Have a good day all.

rosesarered Wed 18-Jan-17 09:33:04

Greyduster ?......poor you!

loopylou Wed 18-Jan-17 10:21:04

Good morning to you all ?
It's quite bright but cloudy here in north Wiltshire, hoping we'll get some sunshine today.
Lovely and peaceful chez moi because DH is helping DD sort out her new house.....I really wonder if I can persuade him to stay away a bit longer!
First snowdrops are out so Spring must be on its way ?